HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Doctor Who?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Americanozz

Latest Awards:

Default Doctor Who?

Discussing Doctor Who in the Help Desk... Basically, my question is What's your favourite Doctor Who episode?
    I think mines the 50th anniversary episode or the weeping angels one.. orrr the Dooms Day one
    Marie Taylor - Americanozz

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

A Good Man Goes to War.

Easily my favourite because of River and she is just THE BEST.
    It's also just a really WOW episode.

It's actually strange that I'd say anything beyond series 4, because after the first few episodes of series 5 I gave up with it, thinking it was ****. (And, bearing in mind I was that geeky girl at 13 who was absolutely obsessed with Doctor Who from series 1!)

But then, out of nowhere, I decided to watch them all, and series 5 did get better towards the end, but series 6 was AMAZING. So yeah, A Good Man Goes to War is my favourite

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Turn Left

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

The Doctor's Wife!

The one where the TARDIS becomes a woman and Amy, Rory & the Doctor get trapped on that pocket of a planet on the edge of the Universe

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

The Idiots Lantern which was in series 2. I could watch this episode over and over again without getting bored.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

err generally prefer the more lighthearted episodes

blink, the lodger, the eleventh hour, journeys end, the end of time 2

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charz777

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    The Idiots Lantern which was in series 2. I could watch this episode over and over again without getting bored.
    The start of that one is so funny!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

The Doctor Dances, simply because of:

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Charz777 View Post
    A Good Man Goes to War.

Easily my favourite because of River and she is just THE BEST.
    It's also just a really WOW episode.

It's actually strange that I'd say anything beyond series 4, because after the first few episodes of series 5 I gave up with it, thinking it was ****. (And, bearing in mind I was that geeky girl at 13 who was absolutely obsessed with Doctor Who from series 1!)

But then, out of nowhere, I decided to watch them all, and series 5 did get better towards the end, but series 6 was AMAZING. So yeah, A Good Man Goes to War is my favourite
    I'd say series 5 was the best and most consistent series so far. It didn't have all the RTD over the top comedy stuff and while I enjoyed series 6 it got a bit too over the top with its many plots and lost itself a bit.

For my favourite episode I'm not too sure. I was a fan of classic who before new who thanks to my dad and one episode that always sticks with me is The Ambassadors of Death. Jon Pertwee is my favourite doctor and I think with UNIT and the master it made the series great. Genesis of the daleks is also a classic episode.

As for new who The Doctors Wife is one amazing episode because of what it does, putting the tardis into a body and making it human for a small time, also allowing the doctor to actually talk to "her." Its one of the episodes that really shows the magic of doctor who. Blink is also a great episode and one I think Moffat will struggle to top. I really did enjoy The Name of the Doctor to, possibly one of my favourite finales and for the best Christmas episode it would have to be A Christmas Carol.

Also while I find RTD usually a really bad writer, I think Midnight is one of the best things he's ever written and one of new who's best episodes to. It's able to create an amazing tense atmosphere without really showing anything.