HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Default The Competitions Department

Hey guys!

I could write a very long thread here fighting my cause, but truthfully, it doesn't matter what I think of the Competitions department; it all depends on what you guys think of it.

I just have a few questions for you guys, please answer as brutally honest as you like.

1a. Do you enter competitions?
    1b. Why (not)?
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough?
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition?
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed?
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently?
    3b. Why (not)?
    3c. What would you change?
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department?
    4b. What is the best thing about the department?
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10.
    5. Anything you want to add.
    Your feedback would be great to help us progress forward. The competitions department has great potential and I think with the community's feedback, it can be fabulous.

We do have plenty of events and big competitions coming up as well so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks,
    James
    Competitions Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1a. Do you enter competitions? no
    1b. Why (not)? no particular reason, just haven't been
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough? sure, some of them don't suit the competition but overall it works out i guess
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition? -
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed? probably not, but nothing to do with the prizes
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently? yes drew's bringing new life to it
    3b. Why (not)? -
    3c. What would you change? announcing winners could be done sooner, i've seen people asking about it when they find out results, and once a month seems too much of a gap
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department? every manager seems to do one of these question forms, but i haven't seen any changes after any of them
    4b. What is the best thing about the department? idk
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10. 6 maybe
    5. Anything you want to add. the thread icons are still not being used, and why wasn't mike's cards against habbox hosted? he planned everything and no one used it

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

1a. Do you enter competitions? Ya
    1b. Why (not)? Because I think of hilarious answers and stuff
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough? Yeah sure why not I don't really pay that much attention actually
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition? Blue man tube mans
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed? If they were comps I wanted to do yeah
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently? It's a bit slow
    3b. Why (not)? 7 comps this month 3 weeks in for an average of just over 2 comps a week divided by 4 staff members, that's about half a competition a week per member of staff
    3c. What would you change? Make them more frequent and have some with shorter lifespans when they're not something that requires effort, also why not do random spur of the moment comps on the client when it's busy just for a cred or two or whatev to get people involved not necessarily anything big just keeping up a presence
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department? Coral eating her children
    4b. What is the best thing about the department? My entries
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10. No make me
    5. Anything you want to add. Bone Thugs 4 lyfe
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

1a. Do you enter competitions? occasionally
    1b. Why (not)? bcos im desperate and want creds
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough? umm yeah i guess
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition? I'd prefer 10c prizes but that's unrealistic
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed? I'd enter more yes
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently? yep
    3b. Why (not)?
    3c. What would you change? nothing tis perfect xox
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department? umm sometimes there isisn't a great range of comps but I don't mind it's rare
    4b. What is the best thing about the department? you xx lmfao idk th amount of comps at one time
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10. 8
    5. Anything you want to add. ​if there was more higher coin prizes id enter mmore but it's unrealistic so dw you're doing perfect x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    why wasn't mike's cards against habbox hosted? he planned everything and no one used it
    No he didn't lol. He had the concept and a fairly reasonable structure. He didn't have the important bit: the cards (in his defence, it was a tricky one)

1a. Do you enter competitions? No
    1b. Why (not)? I'm just too old to care now.
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough? Still using a similar prize structure to what I introduced in 2010 so obviously I'm biased but I'm sure a revamp wouldn't hurt.
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition? What that revamp is won't really matter to me so got no suggestions.
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed? No (see above)
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently? No
    3b. Why (not)? More suffering from Habbox's overall problems.
    3c. What would you change? I like Tom's idea. Generally speaking, trying to get forum members to enter isn't going to work. If anyone dares say competitions isn't a community department because they're on the forum, ignore them, you need to be active on Habbo and encouraging them to enter.
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department? I haven't really paid much attention so no idea. The lack of entries really sucks though, I feel for ya.
    4b. What is the best thing about the department? I haven't really paid much attention so no idea. Being the smallest department does have its advantages though.
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10. Would be unfair to say.
    5. Anything you want to add. Good luck
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 21-10-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    No he didn't lol. He had the concept and a fairly reasonable structure. He didn't have the important bit: the cards (in his defence, it was a tricky one)
    oh he said he did in hxhd a while back. just before hxss

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If he had I'd have hosted it myself but as it wasn't finished, we just went with the Pokemon idea. I did like the idea but you'd need a ton of cards to pull it off and the ideas were just not forthcoming.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

1a. Do you enter competitions? rarely
    1b. Why (not)? bit boring, cant be bothered, dont care
    2a. Do you think the prizes are good enough? can be ok can be awful just as is with almost any event/competitions
    2b. If not, what would suitable (and realistic) prizes be per competition? no clue
    2c. Would you enter competitions if the prizes were changed? only if I needed vip which I do not
    3a. Do you think the department is working well currently? dont really pay enough attention to notice
    3b. Why (not)? see above
    3c. What would you change? management. Kidding idk more exposure of sorts
    4a. What is the worst thing about the department? EXPOSURE - THERES BASICALLY NO ADVERTISEMENTS ESPECIALLY IN THE BIG COMPETITIONS
    4b. What is the best thing about the department? free shit
    4c. Rate the department as a whole /10. :¬:
    5. Anything you want to add.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

ok I'm not going to fill out the form as I can't enter comps anyway BUT I think a huge thing is advertising, I think more (especially credit comps) would be entered if they were advertised more on twitter, the habbox group forum on habbo, community notice boards for bigger ones - also like, cross-platform comps? Like maybe ones on the main site, twitter, habbo forum?

Prizes I think are just like, repetitive which isn't necessarily bad per se but the odd like, bigger comp with furni/rares or a bigger coin value, room bundle, HC memership - poss even real life prizes like amazon or spotify gift cards which obviously you wouldn't have to fund James but I can look into if people like that idea every so often - might attract more entries/members!

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Yeah I agree with Laura, more advertising needs to be done. I only come across comps when I see them in the comps forum, when the comps staff come into hxhd and stuff they're only advertising applications, not the comps themselves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast