HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Doctor Who isn't real?? Why are we ok with a weirdo hopping round in a POLICE BOX that can take him through space and time but the moment a second X chromosome is mentioned everyone freaks out? Surely what with the Doctor being a fictional character he can be whatever the writers imagine him to be.

And no, I don't think it would be a good idea for the next Doctor to be female for the reasons iBlueBox mentioned above^.
    I think that's the point though. You have feminists demanding a female doctor for a fictional show. Surely these people should be looking at real issues rather than attacking a show that isn't harming anyone.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Tilda Swinton supposedly the favourite to take over the role, I love her so hope she doesn't do it because Dr Who sucks
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Tilda Swinton supposedly the favourite to take over the role, I love her so hope she doesn't do it because Dr Who sucks
    Depends who you ask. Many will say it's an iconic show. I've not seen any of her stuff but I'd rather have someone like her, a more mature female than someone too young. Apparently she's very busy, hollywood and all that, so probably won't have the time anyways

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    I think that's the point though. You have feminists demanding a female doctor for a fictional show. Surely these people should be looking at real issues rather than attacking a show that isn't harming anyone.
    Yes but on the other hand, my point is also: You have crazy fanboys demanding a male doctor for a fictional show. Surely these people should be looking at real issues rather than defending a show that isn't harming anyone.

I'm saying by your logic surely it shouldn't matter either way. If people shouldn't care that he's male, surely they also shouldn't care if the doctor is female?

Tokens
    Habbo
    olliepotterton

Latest Awards:

Doctor Who has never been female (which is a given), and should never be. The character regenerates, but as a female? That would be bizzare.

Ex Content Designer
    Ex HabboxLive DJ
    Ex HxHD Staff
    Ex Competition Staff
    Ex Article Writer
    Ex Article Proof Reader

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Yes but on the other hand, my point is also: You have crazy fanboys demanding a male doctor for a fictional show. Surely these people should be looking at real issues rather than defending a show that isn't harming anyone.

I'm saying by your logic surely it shouldn't matter either way. If people shouldn't care that he's male, surely they also shouldn't care if the doctor is female?
    Depends how many want it. If the majority of fans don't want a female doctor surely they should voice their opinions. I know some fans will want it but I have a feeling some of the loudest femenists aren't even fans and just trying to change things so they are in their image.

I just think people are trying to force diversity too much in media and doctor who is just one of many examples. There was a petition for frozen 2 for Elsa to have a girlfriend. I'm not saying diversity is bad but when it's forced and put in due to pressure it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    For those who haven't heard, Peter Capaldi has announced this years series (series 10 - starting in about April I think) will be his last. Sadly it makes sense, as the next series will be a new showrunner so he will probably want to start afresh. This has caused debates on who could replace him and also debates on if the show is ready for a female incarnation. What do people think about this? Should the doctor stay male?

I think the doctor should stay male and the reason for this debate is the fact that it seems people who believe this are automatically deemed sexist. There's nothing sexist about wanting a male character to remain male. The doctor has always been male. I think it may have been different if we'd got a female regeneration early on, but to have basically a full regeneration cycle as a male, well surely probability would have stated if we where to have a female we already should have had one.

I think this isn't just a problem for doctor who though - I mean look at the 3rd Ghostbuster film. Admittingly I have not seen the reboot, but I know it seemed to flop. I think the problem is rather than trying to create new exciting original content, certain feminists and SJWs are trying to change already established characters.

What I also find interesting is the fact that these same people would probably kick off if we did the same thing. For example I never watched it but heard there's a remake of Xena: Princess Warrior. I don't see anyone complaining about how her character has always been a female and I bet if they decided to turn him male, these people would be outraged and call it sexist, so why can they do the same?

It seems that there's a lot of forced equality in media today. I have no problem with equality, but it should never be forced. For example taking doctor who, it's new spin off class felt very list ticking, like they were trying to include characters from every background. It shouldn't be like that. I only hope show's like doctor who don't bend to peer pressure. If the BBC do decide to have a female doctor, as much as I would prefer they didn't, I only hope they choose someone because they fit the part rather than a list ticking agenda.
    Agreed.
    This sexist thing seems o be going way out of hand I guess. I'm okay with everything but if the original character was a guy, please let it be so. You can make a Batwoman but please don't try and experiment with some of the key traits, Dr. Who's gender in this case. I guess if they are intending a spin-off or an alternate universe kinda thing, then I guess it's okay, but I personally don't like things experimented only to please right activists. You can have all the rights you want, but please, don't doubt the genuine intentions of people who vote for a male Dr. Who. Everyone isn't a sexist.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I can see where people are coming from but I think it might be interesting to see the new doctor being female (if they had the right person playing the doctor).

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Short answer.. No

Tokens
    Habbo
    Chloe7355

Latest Awards:

As long as they can act well...who cares really?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast