HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default How do you deal with cold callers?

For people unfamiliar with the term, cold callers are generally people who show up at your door usually wanting to sell you something. When you get an unsolicited visit, what do you do? Have you had any interesting encounters?

These days, I don't bother answering. Nobody but me has any business showing up at my door. But when I lived with my dad, people used to show up every now and then, and my dad would always answer. One time it was the polling organisation Ipsos Mori and they gave everybody who answered their questionnaire a £10 voucher. Another time, my dad wasn't in, so I answered the door and there was this shady looking guy stood there who handed me a note, which basically explained how he was an immigrant who couldn't speak English, and that he was going door-to-door selling his artwork so he could fund school or something. I didn't have any money, so I told him sorry and closed the door. None of his drawings had any prices on them, though. So if he couldn't speak English, I don't know how you were supposed to barter with him. Another time some Mormons showed up, my dad saw them, said "I am a nonbeliever" and shut the door. I was caught by them another time, but didn't have the heart to close the door on them, so I listened to what they said and accepted their book.

Tell them to **** off quite bluntly

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I live in a flat so we don't get them as they can't get into the hallway to get to my door. Before here, I lived in a house but again, we never got them.

My parents used to get them sometimes when I lived there, we'd usually just ignore it although sometimes my dad would answer and listen to them. Eventually, they put a sign in the window to say not to knock/ring the bell because they've got dogs and it makes them all woof/howl at the same time which we hate.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Just hang up.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

they always seem to show up when im waiting for a parcel which is annoying. We've had 2 people trying sell windows in past 2 days grrrr

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I had this the other day some super religious church people turned up so I opened the door with my skimpy pajamas and messy hair I don't think they're coming back again!

Thankfully I don't get many other random people knocking at the door, dunno why as I live on a main road!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Don't really get many these days but I either don't answer the door (standard) or if I'm having a particularly "up" day and feel like being social I think **** it and go have a chat, have done with the Jehova clan a couple of times they're lovely and you get a free book
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

We don't get them much, but I either don't answer the door and completely ignore them, or I have a chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I had this the other day some super religious church people turned up so I opened the door with my skimpy pajamas and messy hair I don't think they're coming back again!
    Ahh, my girlfriend does this... you're not alone
    Opened the door to the police the other day though.. was interesting

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by nat965 View Post
    We don't get them much, but I either don't answer the door and completely ignore them, or I have a chat.

Ahh, my girlfriend does this... you're not alone
    Opened the door to the police the other day though.. was interesting
    police omg why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

They prob just popped round to have a gander at Nat's gf naked
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +