HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    They released graphic photos of three Pakistanis shot dead in the compound, so why not bin Laden? Because his brain was exposed? Everyone's seen JFK's morgue photos, everyone's seen the video of his head being blown apart, everyone's seen Saddam Hussein's hanging, everyone's seen Hussein's corpse with the bloody bone sticking out of his neck, everyone's seen the official photos released of Hussein's two dead sons.
    A lot of the photos you talk of were leaked, it would not be ethical to release an image of someone who has been shot in the head at close range, it is probably quite messy and would be an idiotic thing for an official entity to do.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

They released graphic photos of three Pakistanis shot dead in the compound, so why not bin Laden? Because his brain was exposed? Everyone's seen JFK's morgue photos, everyone's seen the video of his head being blown apart, everyone's seen Saddam Hussein's hanging, everyone's seen Hussein's corpse with the bloody bone sticking out of his neck, everyone's seen the official photos released of Hussein's two dead sons.
    If it's the photos I think you are talking about, the site I read said they were taken by a Pakistani security official.

Pictures allegedly showing the results of US special forces' assault on Osama bin Laden's hideout in Abbottabad. Reuters, who released all but the first picture shown here, have said: 'The photos [were] taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday. The official, who wished to remain anonymous, sold the pictures. Reuters is confident in their authenticity'.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 04-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So it's OK for the government to release video of the burnt corpses of two US troops being dragged through the streets by insurgents and have it shown on pre-watershed news, but we can't see public enemy #1 with a hole in his head.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

So it's OK for the government to release video of the burnt corpses of two US troops being dragged through the streets by insurgents and have it shown on pre-watershed news, but we can't see public enemy #1 with a hole in his head.
    You don't show the image when you don't want it look like some sort of trophy. There was an actual concern that the photos might inflame anti-US sentiment.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I find it disturbing that people would actually want to see such images, I don't have any doubt that it wasn't bin laden. I don't think people want proof, they just want to see a sick image of a dead terrorist.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There's always some excuse.

Extremists are extremists. They're devising whatever plans they can 24/7. Seeing an image of bin Laden's body isn't going to make them work any faster. Until they do release a picture - I hope they eventually submit to overwhelming backlash - then I will always think that it stinks. It wouldn't be the first time the US have said people are dead who aren't.

Richie, the people who want to generally see such photos can just do a Google search. I used to take pictures of scenes of death - mostly car accidents - for a living and I certainly do not go outof my way to search for such images, but seeing bin Laden's body not only strengthens proof that he is in fact dead, but it's quite simply a morbid curiosity. I wanted to see Hussein's hanging and I did.
    Last edited by Misawa; 04-05-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

There's also some excuse.

Extremists are extremists. They're devising whatever plans they can 24/7. Seeing an image of bin Laden's body isn't going to make them work any faster. Until they do release a picture - I hope they eventually submit to overwhelming backlash - then I will always think that it stinks. It wouldn't be the first time the US have said people are dead who aren't.
    It might not be the first time but I haven't heard anything from al-Qaeda saying he isn't dead and is still pretty much alive. But if you don't want to believe that he is dead, then don't.

If they did release the photo, it would not stop speculation at all. Depending on how much damage to the face he has due to the shots, could change the way he actually looks and people will be like "Lol that's not him" or some crap. But either way, the decision has been made.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 04-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In actuality, if there are photos, someone in the government is bound to sell them. The offer would be far too high to refuse.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

In actuality, if there are photos, someone in the government is bound to sell them. The offer would be far too high to refuse.
    There most likely will be leaks and if there is, then great for anyone who wants to see the grim image.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There will be few who won't look at it. Like I said, morbid curiosity. The same reason why everyone looks at car accidents when they drive past in the hope of catching a glimpse of gore. It's a natural part of the psyche.