HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic cars?

Tokens

Default Automatic cars?

What I dont get is why people call automatic cars lazy and they're for lazy drivers? Isn't the point of new technology to make our lives easier, which is what an automatic car does

I'm not biased cause I will agree that a car with a gearbox is more fun to drive but overall I'd rather an automatic car.

Whats your views on it?

Currently using uBoogie on Habbo UK

Alex l Ben l Matt l Matt l Char l David l Scott l Josh

Quote Originally Posted by omgMatt
    I wish I was as cool as you James

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Automatic cars are crap because if using gears allows you a lot more control, such as going around bends and speed and stuff. Automatic cars, are as you say, boring. I love my manual.
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I feel so uneasy and uncomfortable in an automatic car. They feel as if they're about to fly off into a wall at any given moment in some unstable way.

Gears make driving fun, and comfortable

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It depends, people who aren't driving for the experience ie driving just to get from A to B would usually prefer an automatic. Anyone that enjoys driving and likes to be more in control would prefer a manual. Saying that, a Porsche tiptronic gearbox beats any manul gearbox hands down. Please don't disagree with me unless you have actually driven one.

Tokens
    Habbo
    swearwolf

Latest Awards:

i feel more in control of a manual car
    no

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well they are also not very environmentally friendly and what do they do that a manual doesn't really? Apart from you don't think about your gears. So to a certain extent i would say yes they are for lazy people.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would never, never, drive an automatic car as a main car. I've driven a Mercedes E270 CDI and granted, it's nice and comfortable to drive, but IMO most automatics aren't really a 'drivers' car.. it's all to easy and relaxed to drive.
    I'd much prefer a manual gearbox for the control, use of power etc etc. I'd also prefer one as I would rather pay less tax and spend less on fuel. People debate that 'oh, modern automatic engines also have the same power capability' but I disagree and i'll stick with my manual golf anyday. Manual gear**** looks so much better than an auto too ^^

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    It depends, people who aren't driving for the experience ie driving just to get from A to B would usually prefer an automatic. Anyone that enjoys driving and likes to be more in control would prefer a manual. Saying that, a Porsche tiptronic gearbox beats any manul gearbox hands down. Please don't disagree with me unless you have actually driven one.
    A tiptronic is just the same as any manumatic transmissions.

Chrysler's slapstick design, ford's automatic gearbox design is just the same as the tiptronic.

Autostick in a chrysler crossfire is really nice.

------

Anyways, I own an automatic, my truck is a big hossy truck.. I tow a lot.

I have too many gauges, and traffic to worry about then change gears.

My automatic will probably change gears faster then I could, due to the way I have built my truck from the ground up.

In fact I'm doing transmission work this week with a triple-disc torque converter, billet input and output shafts, new sun gears, and new valve bodies, plus a double deep pan.

So anyways, I've drove a manual, but I can still throw my automatic sideways as fast as I can a manual.

I think both are fun to drive, but when you drive something like I do.. an automatic is way more fun.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    A tiptronic is just the same as any manumatic transmissions.

Chrysler's slapstick design, ford's automatic gearbox design is just the same as the tiptronic.

Autostick in a chrysler crossfire is really nice.

------

Anyways, I own an automatic, my truck is a big hossy truck.. I tow a lot.

I have too many gauges, and traffic to worry about then change gears.

My automatic will probably change gears faster then I could, due to the way I have built my truck from the ground up.

In fact I'm doing transmission work this week with a triple-disc torque converter, billet input and output shafts, new sun gears, and new valve bodies, plus a double deep pan.

So anyways, I've drove a manual, but I can still throw my automatic sideways as fast as I can a manual.

I think both are fun to drive, but when you drive something like I do.. an automatic is way more fun.
    how can traffic and gauges affect gear changes? it's not like you have to look at what gear you're engaging?

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I don't imagine I'd feel at all in control in an automatic, it'd be like driving a big go-kart everywhere with just stop, start and steering. Also with a manual you can switch up gears for fuel efficiency or drop for extra acceleration depending on what you want to do. Only time a manual would be good is in extremely slow traffic, but I encounter that maybe once a month to any degree that's annoying
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast