HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

Default skype hack scam virus whatever links

ok so @Annie; being the silly bat she is got that virus thing which sends links to skype contacts
    its sent every1 a different link which lit just looks like a normal link cos its google.com and it comes up saying "save the children" for example on the link she sent me in the link preview bit but im pretty sure it isnt save the children lol
    she ran a scan with her antivirus and her macbook came up with a box saying how it cant get the results of the scan ?
    @scott; ure norm gd with this stuff
    wat 2do how2rid what even is it/what does it do lol
    Like whoeful Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it sent different links to every1 and cameron got 2 links lmao so weird help !!!

tumblr | twitter | spotify
    there is some links 4 u all x x x

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

You need to change your Skype password as well by the way. Also probably worthwhile changing the password on the email that is attached to your Skype just in case.

Ive never ran an Anti Virus on a Mac before. But what's it called?
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 03-12-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@IzzyUhh; had it too ask her

Tokens

Latest Awards:

my account always sends links to all my skype contacts. I change the password on my tablet and somehow i still get someone sending messages and my passwords are normally like JDHFHSNJ776yf7863^&%^&*&^%hbdfsgadus56& or something

lots of people say on the skype forum about how the hell it's happening when they're sure they haven't been hacked and i can't be arsed to use skype anymore because of it. I had skype uninstalled for ages then randomly install it again and see ive sent messages to people when i didnt even have skype installed around that time

it's weird. I never sign in anywhere except the skype client it's almost as if someone is able to login to my account without a password

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    my account always sends links to all my skype contacts. I change the password on my tablet and somehow i still get someone sending messages and my passwords are normally like JDHFHSNJ776yf7863^&%^&*&^%hbdfsgadus56& or something

lots of people say on the skype forum about how the hell it's happening when they're sure they haven't been hacked and i can't be arsed to use skype anymore because of it. I had skype uninstalled for ages then randomly install it again and see ive sent messages to people when i didnt even have skype installed around that time

it's weird. I never sign in anywhere except the skype client it's almost as if someone is able to login to my account without a password
    does it still happen if u use a diff acc do u kno

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

To those who have had this happened to their account - Is your Skype account merged with a Microsoft account? Such as @hotmail or @live for example?

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    To those who have had this happened to their account - Is your Skype account merged with a Microsoft account? Such as @hotmail or @live for example?
    yes

tumblr | twitter | spotify
    there is some links 4 u all x x x

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Thought as much, I believe it's probably only happening to those who linked their Microsoft and Skype accounts the first time round.

This is the recommended advice on the matter:

If you've already linked a Microsoft Account to Skype, then you'll need to "update" your Skype account to ensure it's fully merged over at Microsoft's account page. Here are the steps:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com, if you're already signed in, sign out.

2. Enter your Skype name, not your Microsoft Account email address, and use your Skype password to sign-in.

3. If you've linked your Microsoft Account previously, you'll be prompted to sign-in and merge the accounts to create a Skype alias.

Once the two accounts are properly merged, Microsoft creates a Skype alias to let you keep signing in with a Skype username. You can continue using this or disable it under the aliases preferences, to ensure nobody can try to sign in with your Skype username. Either way, you won't be able to use your old Skype password anymore, and attackers will have to know the email address associated with your account.

This entire process seems messy, but it appears to be the best way to secure your Microsoft account. If you've already linked a Skype username then I would suggest doing this extra merge process immediately, to secure your account. If you haven't linked Skype and Microsoft Accounts at all, then you should be safe to link and merge with the new process.
    Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/8/13...-linkedin-hack
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 05-12-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens
    Habbo
    IzzyUhh

Latest Awards:

I AM LATE AS ALWAYS
    but it happened to me and idk what happened jazz said she clicked the link and it had a news article but on skype it said save the children and i spent hours trying to figure out how to get back into my account cos they had locked it for my own safety apaz so i managed to get into my old email that i dont use anymore and get the account back somehow ay no help soz
    I love food

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast