Mental health is a huge part of everyone's lives. Problems can affect anyone, at any time. Each year since 2001, the Mental Health Foundation in the UK have campaigned around a theme of mental health, from stress to relationships, sleep, alcohol and friends.

I'm sure we all know someone who struggles with mental health problems. At Habbox, I'm so proud to say that we have such a strong and supportive community - most of the time - and a personal story for me, meeting people here really helped me through a rough stage in my life.

We believe that talking about mental health, raising awareness and encouraging people it's OK to not be OK can really change things - even to the point of saving a life.

That's why in 2019, Habbox is proud to be part of Mental Health Awareness Week, from 13-19 May 2019.

Body Image

This year's theme is Body image – how we feel and think about our bodies.

Last year, the MHF found that 30% of all adults have felt so stressed by body image and appearance that they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope. That’s almost 1 in every 3 people.

Body image issues can affect all of us at any age and directly impact our mental health. The MHF will be publishing several reports, case studies, statistics and generally campaigning for awareness.

What is Habbox doing?

Over this week you will see several things the wonderful staff members at Habbox have contributed to our own little Mental Health Awareness week campaign.

To give you a taster of what's to come:

• On client events where you can complete rooms to collect prizes plus a special badge
• Threads, surveys and polls for you to take part in to share your experiences
• Bee Kind: a way to share anonymous (kind!!) messages to someone who deserves it
• An exclusive VIP with all proceeds going to the Mental Health Foundation
• ... and more!

Announcements will be made in this forum as new events and campaigns are released so keep an eye out.

Thank you for everyone who participates in this extremely important campaign!