HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Lightbulb 21 Should be the legal driving age around the world - ENDS 10 APRIL, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/teen_drivers/teendrivers_factsheet.html
    In 2014, 2,270 teens in the United States ages 16–19 were killed and 221,313 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor vehicle crashes.1 That means that six teens ages 16–19 died every day from motor vehicle injuries.

In 2013, young people ages 15-19 represented only 7% of the U.S. population. However, they accounted for 11% ($10 billion) of the total costs of motor vehicle injuries.1
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-11-19/road-accident-single-biggest-cause-of-accidental-death-of-young-people/
    In 2011, 2,776 young people were killed or seriously injured on UK roads . Rural areas top the list of places that accidents are most likely to happen.
    The single biggest cause of accidental death of young people aged 15-24 is road accident.
    40% of 17 year old males have an accident in their first six months of driving.
    One in eight drivers is under 25, but they account for a third of people who die on UK roads.
    18-year-old driver is three times more likely to be involved in a crash than a 48 year-old driver.
    I have taken these two pieces from both an American statistics page and a British statistics website. In many cases show that there are high accident rates to those ages 21 and under. This is where I bring this to you, my fellow Habboxers;

21 Should Be The Legal Driving Age Around The World.

There are many pros and cons that come to my mind in this situation and I can say that you may also have some views on this as well. Before I hand this debate to you I will provide some of those pros and cons to you so that you'll have some things to go off of;

~~Pros to Changing driving age limit~~
    +Reducing younger children on the roads in which they still are unable to understand their vehicle
    +Insurance for adults (21yrs+) will be reduced since less individuals will not be driving
    +Less Accidents on the road, which then will give more time for paramedics and officers on other issues

~~Cons to Changing driving age limit~~
    -Students, and Young Drivers (those under 21yrs) will be limited for employment
    -More dependency on parents until an older age

Let the Debate Begin!

This Debate will close on 10th April, 2017.

The debate is now up to you! Good contributions will be rewarded with likes and/or royalty points throughout the thread and the member who makes the best contributions throughout the month may give you any of these rewards found here. Also, with contributing towards the Featured Member Debate will get you this reward!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

The insurance would not drop for 21+, if anything it would increase as insurers just lost their biggest profit. So that point should be removed from your list of pros.

Children are not on the road. The legal age is 18 at which point you are an adult.

If the issue was young drivers not understanding their car (it isn't) then forcing a certain amount of hours lessons prior to test and harder test would resolve that.

if anything was to change it would be stricter consequences to accidents due to new drivers who dangerously drive.

Your last pro is also irrelevant, if we were to ban 40+ year olds we'd also have less users on the road so less accidents.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I'm against any laws on an international level regardless of how good the idea so I am a no.

Like hungryfront Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

My generation is already basically screwed for employment even with cars, so we definitely need to keep them. If it was bumped up, it better come with lower insurance for new drivers.

Also, why not just make the tests harder? I know in Australia they have to pass theory before they get provisional, think they should do that around the world.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Children are not on the road. The legal age is 18 at which point you are an adult.
    17 but yeah the insurance problems alone would force everyone off the road which would make it safer I guess but not exactly useful
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    The insurance would not drop for 21+, if anything it would increase as insurers just lost their biggest profit. So that point should be removed from your list of pros.
    The amount of insurance per city is actually based upon the area it covers and the amount of people driving. So for example; people in Toronto where the population per square kilometer, is much greater than a smaller city, let's say Halifax, Nova Scotia that the insurance would be more due to the higher rate of accident.
    So would you not think that the insurance would decrease because of the drivers on the road to decrease?

But interesting thoughts.
    I'll reply a bit more on your other points a bit later.

Tokens
    Habbo
    King-Tom

Latest Awards:

I think it should not change, yes statistics show the younger drivers have accidents, but that's mainly the stupid people anyway.
    If there was more undercover people on roads to stop any stupidity this would lower them a lot. So imo, don't change it.

[21:24] laura: play me steps scared of the dark
    or i'll fire you

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    Also, why not just make the tests harder? I know in Australia they have to pass theory before they get provisional, think they should do that around the world.
    Great point made, although I'm not entirely sure on how they would be able to make it harder.

Although, I know that here in Ontario they have driving school and collision prevention, but sadly it does not reflect any better on insurance if you had it than if you didn't do it.
    But great point;
    Will comment on your other point a bit later.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    So would you not think that the insurance would decrease because of the drivers on the road to decrease?
    Not if the insurance companies want to survive. Less drivers is already less money for them, so they're not likely to lower costs for those remaining. Capitalism doesn't work like that
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Not if the insurance companies want to survive. Less drivers is already less money for them, so they're not likely to lower costs for those remaining. Capitalism doesn't work like that
    Mhmm, you are correct on that one.
    But insurance companies have many locations, so they already know that they have teenagers/young adults (20-21yrs) coming into time to get their license, so they'll need to be insured.

I guess then what I should have said is that their equation to produce a price per driver will need to be based with more variables so that a new, maybe more expensive price, is produced.

Good point made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast