HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Nigel Farage launches tirrade against unelected President of Europe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl....html#comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8536630.stm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/wi...-eu-president/

A British eurosceptic MEP has unleashed a volley of insults against the new president of the European Council - branding him a 'damp rag' from a non-country. To gasps from other members of the EU legislature, Nigel Farage, the enfant terrible of the United Kingdom Independence Party, launched a tirade against Herman Van Rompuy, the Belgian chosen by the 27 EU leaders to chair their regular summits. Farage said that when the EU appointed its first president last November, it was hoped he would be 'a giant global figure' and a 'political leader for 500 million people' who deserved a higher salary than U.S. President Barack Obama.

'But I'm afraid all we got was you,' said Farage, looking directly at Van Rompuy, a 62-year-old former Belgian prime minister with thinning grey hair and spectacles. 'I don't want to be rude but you know, really, you have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance... of a bank clerk,' shouted Farage, to heckles from other parliamentarians. Such verbal abuse is a feature of parliament's adversarial politics but very rare in the EU chamber, where debate is muted partly due to a pro-European consensus but also because it is conducted in 23 languages through interpreters and headphones.

'Is this European democracy?' Farage asked. 'You appear to have a loathing of the very concept of the existence of nation states. 'Perhaps that's because you come from Belgium, which of course is pretty much a non-country.'

Mr Farage - known for his outspoken interventions - did, however, admit that he thought Mr Van Rompuy was 'competent and capable', adding that this made him 'dangerous'. 'I have no doubt that your intention is to be the quiet assassin of European democracy and of European nation states,' he said. 'Oh, I know democracy is not popular with you lot,' he added, addressing the members of parliament as they voiced their surprise.
    But he refused to apologise for the outburst, claiming his rant had been 'half light-hearted'. 'Then the sky falls in and suddenly I’m the most awful person,' he said.

'The fact that he’s a shy, dull technocrat doesn’t mean he’s not a very dangerous person when it comes to democracy and rights within the EU. 'I thought the process by which this man was appointed was appalling. He’s not democratically accountable to the people of Europe in any way at all.' Pointing out that Mr Van Rompuy is paid more than U.S. President Barack Obama, the UKIP leader claimed on Radio 4’s Today programme: 'I was speaking for the majority of the British people.'
    A bit rude but did what he intended it to do and bring this issue to the mainstream media and from what I have seen and heard from EU officals/the French President this is nothing compared to what they have said in the past to eachother and to us. You may not like what Farage says or the way he said it, but at least here for once is a politician telling it like it is. Van Rompuy has in the past called for nation states (such as our country, the United Kingdom) to be abolished and replaced with world government. As for President Rumpy Vun Pumpy Who is this man? - who elected him? - and who asked for him?

Infact even right now, this unelected President is wanting more power to rule over Europe; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ower-grab.html

You can watch the video here.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 26-02-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stupid man, doesn't represent the people. There is a little thing called respect.
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Stupid man, doesn't represent the people. There is a little thing called respect.
    Well unlike Mr Van Rompuy, Mr Farage was elected by the British people to represent the British people.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Mr. Farage has balls. I respect him for speaking out like that and I find it amusing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do like Mr. Farage, he's an incredibly intelligent man and does speak for quite alot of British people, and people with common sense. Van Rompuy just hates the idea of individual nations in general, and as Farage said, it's most likely due to the fact Belgium is a non-country.

Tokens

I imagine the EU is part of the new world order, I think the whole point is globalisation. Where the president is from is irrelevant, so Farage is half right.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Mr. Farage has balls. I respect him for speaking out like that and I find it amusing.
    Every point of that I agree with. He stands up well and makes me laugh at the same time.
    "RETIRED" FROM HABBO(X)

:¬:

TOMSPIT / COWLY05

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBSTEP View Post
    Every point of that I agree with. He stands up well and makes me laugh at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I do like Mr. Farage, he's an incredibly intelligent man and does speak for quite alot of British people, and people with common sense. Van Rompuy just hates the idea of individual nations in general, and as Farage said, it's most likely due to the fact Belgium is a non-country.
    He is one of the few truthful and honest politicians left who speaks their mind and speaks for the majority of the people while also connecting with them at the same time. On the point of what Farage said, I knew I could find worse that he has been called in the past and he says it himself in the video below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ndoJ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by ifuseekamy View Post
    I imagine the EU is part of the new world order, I think the whole point is globalisation. Where the president is from is irrelevant, so Farage is half right.
    Indeed, its happening all across the world with no consent from the people at all. Quite frankly i'm not one for conspiracy theories but the Bilderberg Group (which Rompuy is a member of) seems pretty interesting and considering it has all these supporters of NWO involved, seems to hold some water; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group - its happening in Africa, South America, North America and Europe and not one politician has asked for our consent.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-02-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl....html#comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8536630.stm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/wi...-eu-president/

A bit rude but did what he intended it to do and bring this issue to the mainstream media and from what I have seen and heard from EU officals/the French President this is nothing compared to what they have said in the past to eachother and to us. You may not like what Farage says or the way he said it, but at least here for once is a politician telling it like it is. Van Rompuy has in the past called for nation states (such as our country, the United Kingdom) to be abolished and replaced with world government. As for President Rumpy Vun Pumpy Who is this man? - who elected him? - and who asked for him?

Infact even right now, this unelected President is wanting more power to rule over Europe; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ower-grab.html

You can watch the video here.

Thoughts?
    I thought Farage made himself look like a tool. He is incredibly rude, asks no questions, petty and frankly offensive. He makes us look like a joke. The telegraph story is all speculation and actually has no evidence for what it says.

VR isn't there to represent you. He's there to represent the European Council, the leaders of all EU states.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    I thought Farage made himself look like a tool. He is incredibly rude, asks no questions, petty and frankly offensive. He makes us look like a joke. The telegraph story is all speculation and actually has no evidence for what it says.

VR isn't there to represent you. He's there to represent the European Council, the leaders of all EU states.
    He always asks questions and challenges them to explain themselves properly; he and others have asked and asked for our referendum and they have asked why three referendum results were totally ignored by the European Union but alas, they get no reply what so ever. If you think Farage was rude, just take a look at what others have called him and what President Sarkozy of France stood up and said to President Klaus of the Czech Republic - all because Klaus was stopping the treaty because nobody had wanted or asked for it across Europe.

Van Rompuy has been said to 'represent Europe and its people' - hes unelected, unwanted and the sooner him and the corrupt members of the EU Commission are gone from our lives the better. They are already planning a EU wide tax apparently and Van Rompuy has already called for world government (one of the first things he said in his opening speech when he took up the Presidential post). As the video above shows; what does the EU not understand about the word no(?) because no means no.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-02-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast