HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Is music made to judge people on?

Hey,
    Sometimes people judge each other on their music, for example if someone said "I listen to N-Dubz." some would think they're a "chav" or "gangster" or whatever else. My friend is the kind of girly girl kind of person and the other day I found out that she listens to slipknot!
    Do you guys judge people on music?

Happy New Year
    beckyleigh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Generally no, my favourite band is slipknot and I listen to N-Dubz, Angerfist, Daft Punk, Dubstep, pop etc. I just prefer heavier music.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes, if someone has a terrible music taste i tend to ignore them. the only exception is my girlfriend because although the majority of her taste isn't brilliant, we share a few awesome bands

Tokens

Latest Awards:

in all honesty yes. i feel like i can tell a lot about someone based on their favorite bands or through their itunes. i get that not everyone has the same level of interest in music, so certain people it doesnt matter, but like if you say that "music is your life" and your favorite band is nickleback my respect for you goes down a couple points.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by samsaBEAR View Post
    yes, if someone has a terrible music taste i tend to ignore them.
    this ^^

although i'd rather the person be passionate about crap music than not really care about music at all.
    i think i can i think i can i think i

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by untrustus View Post
    although i'd rather you were passionate about crap music than didn't really care about music at all.

i feel the opposite. im able to accept that someone just doesnt care as much about music as i do, but i find it extremely difficult and sometimes even frustrating to accept how bad someone's taste is.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

music isn't made to enable us to judge others, no. people have read the question differently to me though. people are judged on what artists they like but music wasn't made for this sole purpose, no.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post

i feel the opposite. im able to accept that someone just doesnt care as much about music as i do, but i find it extremely difficult and sometimes even frustrating to accept how bad someone's taste is.
    i just can't deal with people who have zero interest in music, haha.
    i think i can i think i can i think i

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post

totally agree with you, but also with jordan. people with bad tastes are infuriating, but people who have no interest in music just baffles me.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by untrustus View Post
    i just can't deal with people who have zero interest in music, haha.
    I agree, I find these people don't tend to be very interesting in general. There's definitely correlation between being a music fan and being an interesting person.

The way to spot someone who doesn't like music is someone who claims to like "all music", but don't confuse it with a variety. I like a variety, indie, pop, rock etc, it depends on moods and atmospheres however "liking all music" just means they never listen to music and don't appreciate good music.

In those respects I find it a reliable way to judge people, however determining what someone's like because of a genre is surprisingly difficult and is just stereotyping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast