HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

Default Rescue efforts end with discovery of fourth body

Peter Vaughan, Chief Constable of South Wales Police, said tonight: "We've tried to bring this safely to its conclusion. Unfortunately the conclusion we have is the one none of us wanted."Expressing his condolences to the men's relatives, Mr Vaughan said: "I can't begin to imagine what the families are going through."
    Messages of support had poured in not just from the public in Wales but from people all over the world, he said.
    He went on: "We've been humbled by the community spirit that's been shown during this most tragic of incidents."
    The authorities would now switch from conducting a search and recovery operation to carrying out an investigation, he said."
    Neath MP Peter Hain said the deaths of the four miners had been a "stab through the heart" of the local community.
    He said: "This is the end we all feared but hoped against hope wouldn't happen.
    "Extraordinary courage was shown by the families right through the night, tortuous hours of waiting. We can't imagine what they have been through.
    "This has been a stab right through the heart of these local communities. There's a long tradition of mining here but nobody expected the tragedies of past generations would come today.
    "I pay tribute to the extraordinary, superhuman efforts of the rescue workers. They were remarkable.
    "At least the families can cling on to this – nobody tried harder than those rescue workers. They worked relentlessly."
    The rescue was launched shortly after 9am on Thursday after the area the miners were in 90 metres down was flooded.
    Around 50 rescuers have been working continuously to free them.
    But by Friday morning, they began discovering bodies.
    Early in the rescue effort Mark Tibbot, from the Mines Rescue Service, explained what was believed to have happened.
    He said: "There are old workings next door and they have drilled behind in to these old workings and the water has flooded into the mine."
    Two men managed to escape when the incident occurred.
    Another miner managed to escape through some old mine workings at the drift mine.
    One miner was airlifted to Morriston Hospital where his condition has been described as critical. It is understood he has been placed into an induced coma.
    Police family liaison officers have been supporting the families of the four who were looked after at Rhos Community Centre until they left there this afternoon.
    South Wales Police have said the incident has been referred to the Health and Safety Executive.
    http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Rescue-efforts-end-discovery-fourth/story-13337016-detail/story.html

T
    he fourth miner was found dead this morning. I find it very sad seeing Swansea is very near to home for me and you don't expect things like this to happen.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

RIP to the 4 miners who were killed.

This is really quite a shock seeing the circumstances and what-not.

My thoughts are with the families and everyone affected.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

So sad. Feel for the families.

I guess this just shows how dangerous mining still is, and reminds us just how cruel the world is!

RIP.
    One for the road. :rolleyes: