HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Is it fair for online companies to sell your information?

You might not know it, but if you've ever purchased anything online, you might have just put your name into a nice, long list of numbers to call.

Happens all the time with me and GoDaddy. Whenever I buy something, I am always spammed with calls, some from GoDaddy and some from telemarketers. It's obvious why they suddenly appear after I purchased the service.

Do you think it's okay for companies to sell your information to other companies looking to profit off of you? Let me know!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

No why would it be? Youd hardly expect your own friends to sell your information so why a stranger?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah it's my fav thing ever
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Yes it's fair as you most likely didn't check/uncheck the button that says don't pass info to third party companies.

If you consistently have an issue with Godaddy then don't use Godaddy?

Yes it's annoying as hell but I don't consider it 'unfair', just make sure you check/uncheck the box that says you allow them to pass your info to third parties and that'll kill most calls. The only telemarket calls I get are from Sky iirc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    If you consistently have an issue with Godaddy then don't use Godaddy?
    I don't have an issue with them at all. I've used them for years - awesome host.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

You have issues with them calling you and selling your contact info any time you buy from em. Not hard to replace godaddy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

I feel like there shouldn't be pre checked boxes anyway. You should have to give permission, not object. It's not "I'm allowed to murder you if you don't object" (slight exaggeration but same principle).

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    You have issues with them calling you and selling your contact info any time you buy from em. Not hard to replace godaddy.
    No I don't. I just noticed that happens, and it strikes me because I only realized that was the reason I received calls afterwards. It doesn't matter to me. I won't throw a fit and leave a hosting service because I'm being called.