HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Default EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance)

Some people get it and others don't, I don't think that it is fair.

I think EMA is a bad thing alltogether, as most teens throw it all away on Alcohol and money for weed. Which is fueling some of the reasons why this contry is how it is.

I dropped out of college this year because I was sick of never having money, why should I take money off my parents that they earn for themselves? It turns out I dropped out of college in the middle of a big ressesion and hardly no jobs are avilable. If I had been able to claim EMA I would probably finished my year of college and been thinking about furthering my education.

What are your views on EMA?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i dont claim it because im not entitled to any

and i would expect people who attend college to be in part time employment, seeing as they're old enough

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It is unfair IMO, just because your parents earn x amount of money, doesn't mean they give you any of it when you can't get EMA.

I'm going to Sixth Form in September and I can't claim EMA so hehh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can claim it next year, yes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samantha.

Latest Awards:

I claim the full £30
    I don't think it's fair becuase it's not like the people that earn more will give there child money all week.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Not allowed to claim for it, bit unfair to be honest with you.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    i dont claim it because im not entitled to any

and i would expect people who attend college to be in part time employment, seeing as they're old enough
    There are no jobs. if you havn't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Android View Post
    It is unfair IMO, just because your parents earn x amount of money, doesn't mean they give you any of it when you can't get EMA.

I'm going to Sixth Form in September and I can't claim EMA so hehh.
    This is exacly what im getting at.
    Sucks doesn't it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's good as some families, cannot possible afford to pay £30 a week - £120 a month for their children to go to college.

They have to find them money for thier bus pass, plus give them dinner money, equipment... clothes.

But some just bloody abuse the system which ****** me off. I think Rich ppl, when i mean rich ppl i mean very rich - They should pay for thier kid to go to College, at least the gov can use the money and spend it on other departments which can be put to better use.

But saying that, if i was rich, i wouldn't want to pay for my kids to go to college, so ye, it's a toughie.

I have it all planed out when i go to college, save, work while i'm at college, take my driving lessons..

It's good they bring out the EMA we are a lucky country tbh... all thanks to the people who decided to stay in their beds all day after school and to the people who cba going to college! so 3 cheers to them! wooo
    Last edited by Clowgon; 29-07-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it's unfair. I'm entering Year 12 this September and can't claim it since EMA is based on my parents wages in 2008, which they were earning enough for me to not get it.

However due to the economic crapthing, my parents wages in 2009 mean I can get the full £30, but I have to wait until I'm in Year 13. So basically, right now, my parents don't have enough to give me £30 a week, I should be able to get EMA... But I'm not. So, down with EMA.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Clowgon View Post
    I think it's good as some families, cannot possible afford to pay £30 a week - £120 a month for their children to go to college.

They have to find them money for thier bus pass, plus give them dinner money, equipment... clothes.

But some just bloody abuse the system which ****** me off. I think Rich ppl, when i mean rich ppl i mean very rich - They should pay for thier kid to go to College, at least the gov can use the money and spend it on other departments which can be put to better use.

But saying that, if i was rich, i wouldn't want to pay for my kids to go to college, so ye, it's a toughie.

I have it all planed out when i go to college, save, work while i'm at college, take my driving lessons..

It's good they bring out the EMA we are a lucky country tbh... all thanks to the people who decided to stay in their beds all day after school and to the people who cba going to college! so 3 cheers to them! wooo
    I completely agree. But my friends mum is claiming JSA atm and she has 3 kids. So my Friend got a Bus pass for free.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast