HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default One Month Ban - Ridiculous

I sent this appeal:

Hello,

I have used this Help Tool on a couple of occasions in the past few months. Not once have I got a reply, and as I am sure you can understand this is incredibly frustrating. I really would appreciate a reply to this email as I am really quite infuriated by my most recent ban.

The reason for my ban is "requesting sexually inappropriate images". This is incorrect and the only reasonable explanation for it is that your Moderators were acting in a robotic manner and not judging the situation in the context of the conversation.

I was in my room, with my friend. We were discussing pets. I have four dogs, and I said that at some point I will show them to her on my webcam. I did not:
    - Request webcam.
    - Request MSN or another IM address (I already have it).
    - Request or discuss anything sexually inappropriate, and,
    - I most certainly did not request sexually inappropriate images.

All I did was tell a friend, who already has my MSN, that I will go on cam and show her my dogs. How can you ban ANYONE for that? I recognise that you are busy, but I will reiterate once again I really would appreciate a reply - it is common courtesy after all.

Kind regards,

Garion
    These Moderators are getting ridiculous! They seem to just ban if they see the word "cam" or any other buzz word. It's outrageous.
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I only came on Habbo because when I signed in to reply to my guest book messages I saw you online but then I got caught up in a Habbox event. Anyway, I said cam the other day and got told to watch my language lmao and you get this, how unfair!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not going to try ruin your hopes Garion but i highly doubt they'll do anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by doherty View Post
    I only came on Habbo because when I signed in to reply to my guest book messages I saw you online but then I got caught up in a Habbox event. Anyway, I said cam the other day and got told to watch my language lmao and you get this, how unfair!
    Well the frustrating thing is I was creating an event room so I could help out the events team and run things for the merge. Now it's going to be impossible for me to do this because of this ridiculous ban. It's so stupid - they're a business and therefore they should be ensuring their moderation is tip top, so as to retain customers. If I wasn't an AGM I wouldn't be using Habbo again.

@ Matt, yeah I know but I am going to do my best to pester them. It's so stupid.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah, the moderation is dire, always has been. one thing you could do is go on a new account and write that to the moderators using the blue question mark. they sometimes unban you themselves. you'll be waiting until tuesday really for a reply.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I sent like 3 appeals to my last one month ban, and all the replies were the same. I'm sure they were using a robot to reply. I even asked specific questions, and requested to see the chat log etc and really hounded them, but again it was just a "I have looked into your ban and believe the action taken by the on duty moderator was fair etc"

My month ban was also for "requesting sexually inappropriate images", and like yours was completely unfair giving the context of the situation. In the end I gave up and waited for the month to end. (and lost a months worth of VIP )

I know they have to be careful, as in some cases it could be dangerous, but it really is stupid when it's used in innocent situations. If you are good friends with someone and go on cam with them a lot, talking about it aint gonna hurt anybody.

Moderators should really look into the case specifically and make a decision based on the context.

Hope you get a nice reply Garion, although I fear it may be just a generated reply at the start of next week or something.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by doherty View Post
    yeah, the moderation is dire, always has been. one thing you could do is go on a new account and write that to the moderators using the blue question mark. they sometimes unban you themselves. you'll be waiting until tuesday really for a reply.
    I'll try that now Jake, ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I sent like 3 appeals to my last one month ban, and all the replies were the same. I'm sure they were using a robot to reply. I even asked specific questions, and requested to see the chat log etc and really hounded them, but again it was just a "I have looked into your ban and believe the action taken by the on duty moderator was fair etc"

My month ban was also for "requesting sexually inappropriate images", and like yours was completely unfair giving the context of the situation. In the end I gave up and waited for the month to end. (and lost a months worth of VIP )

I know they have to be careful, as in some cases it could be dangerous, but it really is stupid when it's used in innocent situations. If you are good friends with someone and go on cam with them a lot, talking about it aint gonna hurt anybody.

Moderators should really look into the case specifically and make a decision based on the context.

Hope you get a nice reply Garion, although I fear it may be just a generated reply at the start of next week or something.
    It probably will be, but I'll start a vendetta. Drive to the offices if I need to!!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

LMAO, take it all the way garion, don't let them ignore you. I will sleep outside offices too. Not about bans but in the chance of meeting my idol, Lost_Witness.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i would agree with that. All the mods (and 0rca) do is reply to emails/calls for help as a robot, not as a human who is trying to understand the situation.

0rca just replies to emails using an already-written response, but that just isnt good enough.
    Mods ban using a list of rules, nowadays anyone who says cam gets a ban, whether you were requsting it or not..

its just stupid
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens
    Habbo
    Marriott0.02

Latest Awards:

I got a month ban when I wasn't even online

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast