HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Simplifying Algebraic Equations

Hi
    Well, for homework I have to simplify 8 algebraic equations. I hate this part of maths sooo much I can't understand it!!! The first question is -

6x
    --------
    9x - 3y

^^^ Thats a fraction btw

Anyway, is the answer -

3x
    ---
    3y?

I am probably wrong but I can't understand it and will +rep anyone who can explain it to me! Please!!

moderator alert Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Thread closed as bumped by spambot
    Last edited by Catzsy; 10-11-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum file size.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
    - Barack Obama

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."
    - Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think the answer is
    2/3x-3y

i could be wrong but idk
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Factorise the bottom, and you get 6x / 3(3x - y), then just divide the 6 by the 3, and you get 2x / (3x - y)
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah wot Jesus-Egg said.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks very much for your help +Rep
    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum file size.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
    - Barack Obama

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."
    - Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

what you need to remember is, you can't cancel when the parts are adding and subtracting, you can cancel algebraic fractions when the parts are being mupltiplied.. which is why you take out factors

you can do jesuse's method or........

take out (HCF) factor of 3 in each

6x / 9x - 3y

= 3(2x) / 3(3x - y)
    and cancel threes
    = 2x / 3x - y

both method give same answer
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
    Muhammad Ali