HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Australia agrees £20bn Deal with Britain to buy UK-built warships

Australia agrees £20bn Deal with Britain to buy UK-built warships

Deal worth £20bn as Australia looks to buy 9 warships for the Royal Australian Navy

Ensigns of the Royal Australian Navy and the Royal Navy

Great news.

Like Ozad Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The **** does Australia want warships for there isn't anyone near them
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Ozad, Zak Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

While it's good that a UK design is being exported and good for BAE systems, they are being built in Australia (which makes sense). So the title is a bit misleading.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

hang on just a darn minute not that long ago you berated me even mentioning benefits to uk defence contractors when I said I'd support a small EU army to support smaller states and blah blah do I care about anything more than money, yet that would have actually seen economic activity in this country and would have contributed more to the overall system, providing more jobs to uk workers and overall helping those areas and yet I'm the one who doesn't give a shit

most of this money won't even see it to the uk since it will get eaten up by shareholders, and given the uk sold it it's 51.57% state in british aerospace (retaining a £1 golden share, thanks maggie) we won't even make much, if any and that we do make will be pissed away

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    hang on just a darn minute not that long ago you berated me even mentioning benefits to uk defence contractors when I said I'd support a small EU army to support smaller states and blah blah do I care about anything more than money, yet that would have actually seen economic activity in this country and would have contributed more to the overall system, providing more jobs to uk workers and overall helping those areas and yet I'm the one who doesn't give a shit

most of this money won't even see it to the uk since it will get eaten up by shareholders, and given the uk sold it it's 51.57% state in british aerospace (retaining a £1 golden share, thanks maggie) we won't even make much, if any and that we do make will be pissed away
    So I was right to berate you then wasn't I? Because to *still* suggest the abolition of Britain's armed forces and their merger into a European army controlled by a foreign government to me and most other people is unpalatable. Absolutely unthinkable, and the fact you're still seemingly suggesting it in spite of all that has happened in regards to the public's view on European integration again shows you've not reconciled yourself to public opinion on European federalism. It's just not going to happen, it's a pipe dream.

That's not to say I don't welcome investment. I'm very happy we're making warships for the Royal Australian Navy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    So I was right to berate you then wasn't I? Because to *still* suggest the abolition of Britain's armed forces and their merger into a European army controlled by a foreign government to me and most other people is unpalatable. Absolutely unthinkable, and the fact you're still seemingly suggesting it in spite of all that has happened in regards to the public's view on European integration again shows you've not reconciled yourself to public opinion on European federalism. It's just not going to happen, it's a pipe dream.
    you've just put words into my mouth
    in my hypothetical situation, it was never about abolishing larger, self sufficient militaries but assisting in smaller ones in smaller states
    stop strawmanning me

That's not to say I don't welcome investment. I'm very happy we're making warships for the Royal Australian Navy.
    they're not being bloody made in this country thats my bloody point
    the jobs are not here
    the money is not here

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

you've just put words into my mouth
    in my hypothetical situation, it was never about abolishing larger, self sufficient militaries but assisting in smaller ones in smaller states
    stop strawmanning me
    Isn't that called NATO?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Isn't that called NATO?
    not really
    even if it was it wouldn't hurt for pretty much every country to be less reliant on the US

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

not really
    even if it was it wouldn't hurt for pretty much every country to be less reliant on the US
    Your argument makes no sense. You want to be less reliant on America... to be reliant on Europe.

How about being self-reliant like we have been since 1066?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Your argument makes no sense. You want to be less reliant on America... to be reliant on Europe.
    No I've repeatedly said this hypothetical "army" wouldn't be for larger states

How about being self-reliant like we have been since 1066?
    that makes it sound like we fought every war independently and never had to rely on anyone for anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast