Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Default Anyone else got Maths GCSE in November?

So stressful. All school from like year 7 - 10 I've had really rubbish teachers. I've got the head of maths for year 11 because my year 10 teacher retired and he's taught us like everything in like 3 weeks and has been running revision sessions on Saturdays and during half term holidays. I still feel really stressed though and kind of angry. He said our previous teachers have taught us complicated ways of doing stuff, but he's taught us easier ways. Now I'm really stressing over the exam. It's in like 2 weeks and we've only had since September with our teacher to get through basically everything we've supposed to have been taught. I feel so much pressure to pass it because if I get my results in January and have done bad then I have to do 6 months of Maths, whereas if I pass in January I'll go on to do the statistics course. My maths teacher thinks my class is capable of getting good results so we're entered in to the higher exam, even though most of our class including me got a U in the mock and he said that the mock was our wake up call. All the lower classes are doing the foundation exam in June or w.e. Has anyone been in a similar situation to me and got through it ok? And what helped you the most for revision etc? I'm spending hours each day on practice exam style questions in revision books and I've been using bitesize a bit too. I'm awaiting my log in for MyMaths but is there any other sites or materials that would help? I want to try and get the most important bits in my mind now rather than a few days before the exam where I won't remember a thing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    chantellehugs

Latest Awards:

Ah your situation reminds me of my Chemistry class last year, I had the most awful teacher who didn't teach us anything at all. I was really worried that when it came to the exam I wouldn't even scrape a C. But I went home and worked through the 3 modules that I needed to know by myself. It was really stressful but I'd spend hours each day going over past exam papers and using my revision guide. In the end I ended up with an A overall for my Chemistry!

I really recommend you complete past exam papers, when I was doing my final maths module I made sure I could answer every single question from the past exam papers. It really gives you a feel for the sort of questions that will be in the actual paper. If you have a revision guide make a checklist and tick off everything you feel confident with, you don't want to be revising things you already know so if you keep a list you'll know what you should be working on.

You can find past exam papers (with the mark schemes) online so you don't have to wait until half term is over.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

As easy as it is to do so, try not to blame your teachers for failing.

If you want something, you will teach it to yourself.

I had problems with certain aspects of Maths, and always blamed my teacher. But you know what helped me the most? Getting off my arse and getting myself to learn it through the internet - since complaining 'ain't gonna get you nowhere'

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Thank you, I have quite a few past papers my maths teacher has given me to do and he said anything I struggle with to go see him at lunch etc when we go back to school. I am actually trying to teach myself stuff but I can't really find much help other than bitesize on the internet. I have written a list of things I'm not so sure on so those are the stuff I need to do some more work on. I don't feel like I'm complaining though, just asking for some help on where to go for revision stuff

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jssy View Post
    Thank you, I have quite a few past papers my maths teacher has given me to do and he said anything I struggle with to go see him at lunch etc when we go back to school. I am actually trying to teach myself stuff but I can't really find much help other than bitesize on the internet. I have written a list of things I'm not so sure on so those are the stuff I need to do some more work on. I don't feel like I'm complaining though, just asking for some help on where to go for revision stuff
    Do your school use "MyMaths"? Or would you happen to have any friends who use MyMaths?

I found that to be an exceptional website (which schools pay for) with my work, and really really helped me with trigonometry. It has revision tools, along with practice questions. I also completed a good 30 papers or so for Maths, as I was really worried about it.

If you can get access to MyMaths, do as it is honestly the most helpful tool I have ever used for revision.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I find mymaths absolutely awful to use. I am using MathsWatch which is a disc with tutorials on how to do quite alot of subjects from d-a* I have 2, 2 hour linear exams coming up in November and I've been learning most of the stuff in the past month which has been a rush but I've finally began to understand it all. We did a mock last week and my teach was surprised I was 2nd highest in the class when I chat alot in class and normally ask for help ^^.

I could try and attempt to send you maths watch through email/msn or something I'm not sure if it will work though?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

I'm awaiting my password for mymaths Marketing. My little sister who is in year 8 has an account on it but I'm not sure if it has gcse stuff on since she's only in year 8. And Jordan I was offered mathswatch but my cd drive is broken so if you were able to do that somehow it would be a great help I'm not sure what type of exam mine is, I don't understand the modular/linear thing. I have the maths exams on 2 seperate days though. One non calculator and one calculator exam.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Oh right my cd drive is broken too what I did was save it on my mums laptop and put it on a memory stick and then saved it on my computer. I don't get this technical crap, I've tried uploading it to sites but because it's got loads of files because of the videos it keeps failing so I'll have a look and see if there is an easier way by asking someone smart

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Thank youu so much

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you have your school login (not your own 3 digit number one), then you can use mymaths - your login is for online assessments and such - just use your sisters school login, it'll have all the GCSE stuff on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast