HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

Default have you ever been stranded in an airport

discuss!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No and this is something I would hate to experience. I would rather leave the airport and go to a hotel or something

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Not so much stranded at the airport.

A few years ago when we were in Australia for a holiday, a volcano that's in Iceland erupted and a vast majority of European airspace was blanketed in ash. We were stuck in Australia for an extra two weeks and missed the start of a school term because of it. We spent hours in the airport trying to find out information but when we realised it would be a while before we could fly, we just stayed with family & friends - extended holiday away from the cold, we weren't really complaining as it was covered by insurance too.

Also when I was a lot younger my brother threw up on a plane in Dubai and they offloaded us and pretty much quarantined my brother in case he was going to kill their entire population or something (but it was concussion because he slipped in the shower whilst we were waiting for our connecting flight). They weren't allowing us to leave until they did all these things and injected him with these huge needles. That was a **** experience..

Not sure if either of those would be classed as 'stranded' but yeah, they were quite stressful and in both cases we were unable to leave for a short period of time.

welshcake is offline Help Desk Assistant Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (DJ welshcake)
    Rare Values Staff
    Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    welshcake

Latest Awards:

I haven't. It sounds really frustrating

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We had a 27hr delay once, and planning for a 20hr stopover in a few months.

I tend to just pay for a lounge though, if I don't already have access.

Tokens
    Habbo
    MotorStefan95

I've never been stranded before, just the usual delays.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, I was returning from Newark Airport (New York/Jersey) after a year in USA. A friend of mine didn't listen to me and she left late for the airport. She missed her flight and in helping her and looking after her (she was distraught), I got delayed for my flight (I queued up for over an hour and the line was so ridiculously long that by the time I got to the front of the queue the baggage check in was closed). They gave me a new ticket of course as it was not my fault. But my friend had to fork out a lot of money for a new ticket. I could have contacted my insurance company for a hotel but instead we decided to chill in the airport for 24 hours. But we had fun, talked a lot and messed around.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cabl

Sadly yes

Life

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by snr View Post
    Yes, I was returning from Newark Airport (New York/Jersey) after a year in USA. A friend of mine didn't listen to me and she left late for the airport. She missed her flight and in helping her and looking after her (she was distraught), I got delayed for my flight (I queued up for over an hour and the line was so ridiculously long that by the time I got to the front of the queue the baggage check in was closed). They gave me a new ticket of course as it was not my fault. But my friend had to fork out a lot of money for a new ticket. I could have contacted my insurance company for a hotel but instead we decided to chill in the airport for 24 hours. But we had fun, talked a lot and messed around.
    This sounds like a movie.

No not yet, and hopefully I won't have to. The above makes it sound fun but I bet it's dreadful most of the time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    This sounds like a movie.

No not yet, and hopefully I won't have to. The above makes it sound fun but I bet it's dreadful most of the time.
    It was fun except for the sleeping bit and them having fixed armrests "/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast