HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default (+14rep) Skip XP activation?

Hiya.

Basically whilst my laptop is away getting fixed I decided to get my old desktop up and running. It was a bit knackered last time I used it, so I decided just to reinstall XP on it.

However, it appears Microsoft have now incorporated a peice of antipiracy software which makes you activate it online or phone them up to receive a code.

I haven't used a genuine version and obviously can't do this. Therefore is there anyway I can skip this or is there an alternate version I can use to download and install that someone has done recently?

Also, does it do the same if I attempt to install vista?

Greatly appreciate all help
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

It's been ages since i used XP but i had the same problem. If I remember correctly, if you skip the activation (click something like activate later) you still get to use it for 30 days before you have to activate it, so if your laptop is just getting repaired this should be fine. Again this was quite a while ago so may not be possible anymore but its worth a try.
    Edited by Jamesy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images larger than your usergroup limits

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It's been ages since i used XP but i had the same problem. If I remember correctly, if you skip the activation (click something like activate later) you still get to use it for 30 days before you have to activate it, so if your laptop is just getting repaired this should be fine. Again this was quite a while ago so may not be possible anymore but its worth a try.
    Hmmmm no I don't think there is a skip bit at all. Like it all installs and doesn't let you go any further until you put the stupid code thing in and it makes you connect online for one or phone them up.
    Ostinato...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

XP Corp Edition doesn't require activation (from what ive found out)

download link:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3960..._Works_Perfect

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Cheers guys

Have you actually used that xp corp edition yourself to know it works as theres a few negative comments about it?

Also as it is an .iso file do I have to burn that to a cd? or could I burn it to my xternal hard drive and load from there???
    Ostinato...

Tokens

If its windows xp professional then just put C6T4V-G37CJ-88YGB-PK6XW-WYBBQ as the key and then it will install

if that don't help then heres a link to download

http://www.h2kclan.com:8088/h2kdownl...re.php?id=1017

you should get fast speeds downloading from there as that link is a charter link
    Last edited by Stefy09; 07-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

All sorted now thanks guys.

I managed to dig out an old recovery disk and it worked fine
    Ostinato...