HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Graphics card

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Graphics card

so I wanna upgrade my 7870 to a GTX 970 but some people say buy it some people say wait for pascal but for all we know pascal might not be released til mid 2016 or even later

I don't play too many graphics intensive games but I want something that will last me a good 2 years or so and some of the games I play always dip below 30fps and I can't play shit with anything below that
    also I'm not going above 1080p anytime soon so don't need to worry about 4k etc

I did ask someone already but they're a bit of a know it all smart arse and recommended that i wait til pascal and then buy a £500+ monitor *goes out to my money tree*

Anyway yay or nay? and if so is this a good one to go for? I wanted the gigabyte one but its like a 4cm too big for my case :¬:

Tokens
    Habbo
    tm

Latest Awards:

970 is a good card and will remain value for money for a while yet. That particular 970 seems fine, you can't really go too wrong with the non reference (or reference even) designs.

If you're going to wait until the next generation you'll be waiting forever and a day. A new, slightly better card is always only a few weeks around the corner. Get what you can now.

Follow me on the Twitters, I like pens: twitter.com/tunderscorem

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tm View Post
    970 is a good card and will remain value for money for a while yet. That particular 970 seems fine, you can't really go too wrong with the non reference (or reference even) designs.

If you're going to wait until the next generation you'll be waiting forever and a day. A new, slightly better card is always only a few weeks around the corner. Get what you can now.
    Yeah was about to post the same thing. As soon as I got my pc built with the latest i7 processor a faster one came out but if I'd have waited and bought that then the same thing would have happened. I suppose it all depends on the games you play and how you want it run. You can buy a really good card but is it worth it if your only going to use a small percentage of the power.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

k should have my 970 arriving tomorrow

and yeah I hate when new cards come out when you buy one. I normally avoid reading up on upcoming things and just go with what i choose based on reviews etc

I've still got the i5-3570k i got in 2012. Overclocked it to 4.2ghz and probably won't change for another year or so. Annoyed I can only get 4.2 stable though.. my chip sucks with ocing even 4.2 I have to ramp the voltage up abit when others can get 4.6ghz with low voltage :¬:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

woah gtx 970 best buy I've had in ages. The cooling on the MSI one is amazing. Overclocked the hell out of it and it never goes over 56c with fans at 50%

Right is my old card with cpu at 4.3ghz

middle is stock msi gtx 970 oc with cpu at 4.6ghz (somehow found stability but vcore is still quite high with temps reaching 80c but I need to resit my cooler and do some cable management which I shall save for next year)

Left is my 970 oc'd

Anyway more than double fps upgrading from the 7870 and another +8fps after overclocking

Definitely the best card you can get for 1080p gaming

Tokens
    Habbo
    tm

Latest Awards:

gg wp! glad you're happy.

970 is definitely a very solid card.

Follow me on the Twitters, I like pens: twitter.com/tunderscorem

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Yeah friend in work recently got a 970 as well and loves it

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator