HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Google I/O 2013

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Google I/O 2013

Starts in about 40 minutes.

Expected:
    Android 4.3 (no huge upgrade )
    Play Games Achievements (ie.Game Centre)
    Google Subscription service
    Google Glass Update
    A lot more.

Unfortunately got work during the event, but still very excited to see what is coming. I imagine a KLP upgrade will come later this year with the next Nexus, giving El Goog a chance to see what Apple throws out in a month.

Anyone else looking at this?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Reading The Verge's livefeed now, interesting stuff. That Galaxy S4 running stock Android is a pretty big surprise. I don't particularly like Samsung phones but I hope it sells well so other OEMs notice that offering a stock Android version your current flagship phone is a viable way to make money.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Pretty solid updates for Google Maps. Although it hasn't been mentioned much they're switching to vector based mapping which is much healthier on the ol' internet consumption.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by samsaBEAR View Post
    Reading The Verge's livefeed now, interesting stuff. That Galaxy S4 running stock Android is a pretty big surprise. I don't particularly like Samsung phones but I hope it sells well so other OEMs notice that offering a stock Android version your current flagship phone is a viable way to make money.
    Yeah I was happy to see this, always been a fan of vanilla Android, so seeing this was big news. Shame it is only a 16gb phone, interested to see how it does,baring in mind it is unsubsidized. Would definitely get this over the touchwiz version (which I had the displeasure of using last week).

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Pretty solid updates for Google Maps. Although it hasn't been mentioned much they're switching to vector based mapping which is much healthier on the ol' internet consumption.
    Yeah, massive Maps update, forgot to mention that in the original post. Not very knowledgeable on Vector based mapping, but it definitely like a big improvement. Anything that works better on my pc and phone is a bonus!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was pretty disappointed. I was looking forward to a new Nexus 7 and Android 4.3.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I was pretty disappointed. I was looking forward to a new Nexus 7 and Android 4.3.
    Both rumoured to be announced around June 10th, but I wouldn't be surprised if 4.3 is just randomly announced. It's almost confirmed that it's still Jelly Bean, so it'll probably only be bug fixes.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by samsaBEAR View Post
    Both rumoured to be announced around June 10th, but I wouldn't be surprised if 4.3 is just randomly announced. It's almost confirmed that it's still Jelly Bean, so it'll probably only be bug fixes.
    Why June 10th? Is it just a random date or is there another conference happening?

The incremental Jelly Bean updates have still been pretty good, so I don't really mind (even though I'm still on 4.1.2). Although, it would be nice to see 5.0 sometime this year.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Why June 10th? Is it just a random date or is there another conference happening?

The incremental Jelly Bean updates have still been pretty good, so I don't really mind (even though I'm still on 4.1.2). Although, it would be nice to see 5.0 sometime this year.
    I'm not sure where the actual day came from, but it was said at I/O that Android API 18 would be out in a couple of months, API 17 is 4.2. Rumours say it's going to be released with the white Nexus 4 and the updated Nexus 7. I think Google will probably start unveiling new versions of Android with the Nexus launch, I'd be very surprised if we don't get 5.0 this year.