HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Netherlands overturns draconian smoking ban

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bars-pubs.html

U-turn on smoking ban as Holland ALLOWS lighting up in 2000 bars and pubs

Light up: The Netherlands is the first country to partially overturn its smoking ban. Smokers in small bars and pubs will now be able to light up without fear of a fine

Smokers in the Netherlands will now be able to light-up again in over 2000 of the country's small owner-operated bars or pubs. The partial over-turning of the blanket ban, which was introduced in 2008, is a huge victory for for smokers' rights campaigners who had argued that the blanket ban was driving small bar owners out of business. An incoming coalition government in the country has allowed the partial lifting of the ban for pubs which are less than 743.5 sq ft in size and which are staffed solely by the owner.

It is a major victory for anti-ban campaigners and the first relaxing of the controversial ban anywhere in Europe.
    Meanwhile in Spain, smokers are up in arms after the announcement that a smoking ban in public places will come into effect in January 2011. Prominent anti-ban campaigner Weil Maessen told The Sun: 'This is great news for small bars and the common man. Lower-class people tend to drink in these places and they were being punished'. 'Small bars have an important social function.

Public health workers tell us smoking is bad for you. Well, the ban is very bad for your social and psychological health'. He added, 'I hope that the same thing happens in the UK now'. Dutch health minister Edith Schippers promised that impromptu smoking checks by food and consumer safety inspectors would now be stopped. 'The new law will allow consumer choice. A sign will inform customers whether or not they are allowed to smoke on the premises,' she said. The government has also canceled 280 fines related to the ban.

UKIP MEP Godfrey Bloom on smoking legislation

Some common sense at last, it should be down to the pub owner what goes on in his or hers pub - not the government or the police. And if you dont like it - don't go to that pub!!! whatever happened to individual responsibility. The smoking ban is ridiculous anyway, I think it was Farage who gave the example that you could organise a orgie with as many other people as you liked in a public building, but you couldnt start up a smoking club.

British pubs are closing week on week, and the smoking ban certainly does not help them.

A nice little interesting fact that you'd probably be interested to know though, the politicians who implemented this ridiculous legislation over here (all three main parties I think it was) - well guess what? the bar in the House of Commons is exempt from the smoking ban.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 06-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yea smoking ban in pubs should be lifted although i hate the smell of it, its up to the owners of the pubs to decide
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

The smoking laws in the UK aren't that bad to be fair, it's no where near as drastic as the laws in Ireland and the rest of Europe. I'd allow it in areas of pubs and bars though, cigarettes and pubs create a lot of tax revenue, god knows why the government want to miss out on that

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol i agree with it, if you wanna light up holla your ass outside. i ain't breathing your crp in because you are stupid enough to smoke init.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

uk laws aren't bad on this. must places have heated outside areas anyway so yah. i like it the way it is. it's sooo weird in spain everyone smoking in bars

Tokens

Latest Awards:

http://www.publications.parliament.u...07061114000542

With these principles in mind, the Commission has decided that smoking should cease to be permitted from 1 July 2007 in all internal areas of the House of Commons estate, including in bars and private offices.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Are you suggesting Dan has made up or exaggerated something?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Smokers should be shot....

in reality - I love the ban and if this happened here I would be EXTREMELY infuriated. Smokers are inconsiderate, unhealthy *****. Idc, I don't want their disgusting toxic 2nd-hand smoke anywhere near me. The ban is for the good of the people.

If you wanna **** up your lungs, heart & more, increase the chances of cancer & heart disease and basically destroy your health, go outside and do it, at least then you won't be affecting anyone else's health at the same time. Idc if you don't want to if you're willing enough to destroy your health for a drug then surely it's only a minor interference to go outside? I ain't breathing in your **** thanks.

As you can tell, I feel VERY strongly about this. Smokers disgust me.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't really mind the ban in this country. Smoking is a pointless habit with no benefits, unless you count being poor as a benefit of smoking? However, the Dutch have different customs and habits, and are known to play a different game altogether compared to the rest of Europe. Good for them for overturning it though Not sure what to proud about though, if it's been down to the country rather than an organisation or another country pushing its views or opinions, there isn't really much to shout about as it doesn't really effect us :/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think the rule where smoking is allowed if it is only staffed by the owner is a very good one. that way at least all staff and customers know there is likely to be smoke.
    goodbye.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast