HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Boris burqa comments

Boris burqa comments

Former Foreign Secretary sparks media controversy by comparing burqas to letterboxes

A storm cooked up by our mainstream media when a clear majority of the public want this vile outfit banned outright. You want to dress like Wahhabists? **** off to Saudi Arabia or some other shithole ruled by that book. I despise seeing it on the streets of MY country. Anti-woman. Anti-western. Anti-Christian. Anti-social. I refuse to acknowledge anyone wearing one.

And as for our useless Prime Minister, what a shameful sight to see a self-declared feminist defending an outfit that even most muslim countries saw as extreme until the Iranian ultra-Islamic revolution of the 1970s. I actually renewed my Tory membership earlier today in the hope that I can throw her out pretty soon - fingers crossed!

Full national bans currently exist in France, Belgium, Denmark, Latvia and Bulgaria. And regional bans exist in Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Austria and Germany. For once, let's follow Europe with this. Now i'll wait for the dumbass comments to roll in below about being liberal and tolerant towards people who have no liberal values nor any tolerance for any of our values or our lifestyle. They loathe everything about you - show the same back.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 08-08-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am torn on this one. All things considered, Britain is a very welcoming country. It is home to many nationalities and people are free to live as they please. By outright banning the burka, it draws us closer to a country like Saudi Arabia, where people are oppressed and freedom is restricted. Banning something because it's anti-national is precisely what such a country would do. I don't think Britain should be like that. I wouldn't want to live in a place as restrictive and stubborn as that. To say I should loathe someone simply because they loathe me is toxic behaviour, and a fast track to an insular, hateful, and lonely world. I don't generally feel anything towards Britain anymore, but I am proud that this country is as progressive and accepting as it is. It would be hell on Earth to live in one of those blindly disagreeable places. However, I do think the outfit should be prohibited in certain public areas, in the interest of national security. People don't walk around in shops or banks wearing a motorcycle helmet or a balaclava. The problem with Britain is that it seems to have become this nanny state spearheaded by seesaw social justice warriors who aren't quite sure how to make things just. Rather than being worried about offending anybody, they should work to create a secure and impartial society. Instead we're caught in a world where private businesses have to go to the Supreme Court if they refuse to make a cake, and where religion has this vague on-again-off-again relationship with the law. Of course, this stuff isn't simple. I don't know how society hasn't already crumbled. And some complain when others are glued to their phones, ignore politics, or willingly cast themselves adrift in a sea of illusionary entertainment. People want to numb themselves to all this bullshit.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 08-08-2018 at 04:16 AM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft
    To say I should loathe someone simply because they loathe me is toxic behaviour, and a fast track to an insular, hateful, and lonely world.
    Never understood this argument. They already hate us.

"Why should I hate the Nazis because they hate me?"

What is disgraceful in the politicians piling on Boris is that while British politicians are defending Wahhabist dress, Persians are literally fighting in the streets of Tehran and other cities to throw off this evil cult that they've suffered under since 1979 - the girl a few months ago who threw off her burqa has gone missing while self-proclaimed feminist Theresa May defends the burqa. Sickening.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 08-08-2018 at 11:30 AM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Never understood this argument. They already hate us.

"Why should I hate the Nazis because they hate me?"

What is disgraceful in the politicians piling on Boris is that while British politicians are defending Wahhabist dress, Persians are literally fighting in the streets of Tehran and other cities to throw off this evil cult that they've suffered under since 1979 - the girl a few months ago who threw off her burqa has gone missing while self-proclaimed feminist Theresa May defends the burqa. Sickening.
    There are plenty of reasons to hate the Nazi's, but to hate them "because they hate me" is a pretty weak one. It just doesn't seem like a rational thought with proper conviction to me. To blindly hate just brings us closer to their level. I do understand the desire and outcry for banning the burqa, especially when many of our European neighbours have already gone ahead and done it, but what even is Boris' job anymore? He's been in positions of 'power' but has never pushed for a ban, now he's complaining about the garment in newspaper columns again. I don't disagree with his sentiment entirely, but it's all talk. Nobody is taking any action.
    Like Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I despise seeing it on the streets of MY country
    I despite seeing swathes of people with the same half curly half shaved haircuts and tight polo shirt but I don't think it should be outlawed. I'm not a fan of the burka (although it might be have been nice and cool to have a white one in the recent weather) but people can dress how they like as long as they're not harming anyone with it. It's not like burkas come with built-in cannons or randomly shred toxic fibre as you move
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

What I always love about posting these debates is when I argue against anything supposedly pro-women, ie abortion, the same people attack me and will lecture me on the choice of a woman etc. Yet as soon as Islam comes into it, the very same people will defend a religious doctrine which cloaks women from head to toe. It is remarkable to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft
    There are plenty of reasons to hate the Nazi's, but to hate them "because they hate me" is a pretty weak one. It just doesn't seem like a rational thought with proper conviction to me. To blindly hate just brings us closer to their level. I do understand the desire and outcry for banning the burqa, especially when many of our European neighbours have already gone ahead and done it, but what even is Boris' job anymore? He's been in positions of 'power' but has never pushed for a ban, now he's complaining about the garment in newspaper columns again. I don't disagree with his sentiment entirely, but it's all talk. Nobody is taking any action.
    Actually it's a pretty strong one. If someone or a group hates you and your culture/values, and thus wishes to see them destroyed, then you *should* hate them purely for that let alone the fact that their culture is absolutely appalling in the way it treats women.

But as for Boris yes I agree this is a storm in a teacup and I don't think he went far enough, that said a lot of this drama clearly is to do with a Tory leadership challenge that is coming before this autumn. I just renewed my membership today tbh so I can vote for BJ.

@FlyingJesus; I'm sure these women choose to wear them in the same way they get to choose their husbands (who are often their cousins), choose when and where to go out and choose what to spend. Living in a total fantasy land.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 08-08-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I really don't think it's a strong one all things considered. The Nazi's committed much worse atrocities than simply loathing people. If somebody says they hate me, and they have, then I'm not going to be too pleased, but what does hating them in return actually achieve? I'd much rather leave them to do their thing and lead my own life independent of their thoughts. If I let their hate guide how I feel and live my life, then they've won. Like I say, I am not against banning the garment to some degree, but to do it simply because its country of origin and their people may despise the Western country in which I reside is just rather arbitrary and childish.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

The Nazis did cause more harm than simply loathing people you are correct, in the same way that Wahhabism and Khomeinism have trampled on the human rights of millions of people, funded terrorism and extremism from Africa to the Middle East, caused wars (Iran-Iraq war, the Arab Spring) and everything else they've poisoned since the 1970s. Indeed, their ideology is worse than Nazism.

Given both are a cancer, like Nazism, why are we defending the uniform of that ideology? Would you have similar qualms about banning increasing numbers of people from wearing Nazi or Klan uniforms? Why the free pass for Wahhabism/Khomeinism? Fear?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 08-08-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't have qualms. I already said I'm not wholly against a ban. I'm just saying there are plenty more rational reasons for it than petty revenge-hate. Are you really suggesting that I fear Islam? What are you even talking about...

( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast