HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    wordofwisdom

Default What Happened to Habbox?

So like most I haven't tuned in alot as I prefer other fansites over Habbox these days. However on the odd chance that I do come by I've noticed that Matt's left and Gina that the help desk is no more and that the Radio is pretty much non existent any days. It's sad to see Habbox in this state when I first tuned into the site back in 2006 when habbo was popping and we had Habbo Uk and the days of 300 people tuning in trying to win a club sofa.

I feel like Habbox is sadly not got long left before it closes, Unfortunately there is to much competition and fansites opening and sadly you need to be connected and know alot of people in order to succeed. I'm not bashing habbox you've had a great run and should be proud but sadly I feel these questions need to begin to be asked. I mean with the likes of Habbo Hut, CraveHabbo, Habbcrazy to name just a few closing recently I just feel like it's a matter of time before other fansites follow suit like HFFM, FlyHabbo etc.

Anyway I'm hoping things change for the good but as the game gets older we seem to be losing more and more people away from fansites and Habbo in general. The game is lucky to even have 1k people on at some times during the day and we all know it's a matter of when not if it will close. Anyway hopefully this doesn't come across as a bashing to just habbox as it's going to happen to everyone one day regardless you can't reverse the inevitable.

Dover Atheltic (CONFERANCE PREMIERSHIP)

Seaosn Over Dover Promoted to The Conferance Premiership

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Ty for your words of wisdom! I wonder what I’m managing then if the Help Desk is no more???

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think what you're forgetting is that the state of most fansites these days have declined, fansites themselves just aren't as popular as they once was. Help desk is what I own unless I'm missing something?

I'm not saying all of our issues are down to Habbo being less popular but that does play a big part in it, if you actually visited us more then you'd realise we've actually made some changes already that are already working and we actually have a direction. Matt and Gina left but they were not the reason Habbox was "pop" they played a part in it but they were not the sole reasons so your comment there is completely invalid.

Thanks though .

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

It is quite sad but even I now feel myself logging on less, maybe that's because of a decline but maybe just as with many people becoming detatched. First url I typed in used to be Habbox.com ... It is crazy though how long some of us have been on here, 2006! We haven't helped ourselves in recent years though with a badly outdated site and forum.

All that said, we had a good run. I'll be here until the end for sure.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 02-03-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Matt left because he was bored of pretending to care after letting things decline for ages, Gina left because she got cooler friends who tell people to kill themselves, help desk is still there, radio is on just as much as ever but we don't fake our listener numbers like other sites. We have loads of stuff going on and in development, but thanks for the optimistic prediction Mystic Meg
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I don't think he was saying me or gina leaving was his main opinion on why Habbox was in decline but he noticed since he was last on that we have left. Not a surprise considering how much activity myself and Gina did have in terms of being online etc etc. But surely you should be all passed the finger blaming now for people who haven't worked here for many many months.

Habbox has been in a decline for a long time and currently it's probably the worst I have ever seen it when you compare it to other fansites who seem to be doing a better job.

Anyway, I'll defend Gina. She left Habbox when she got into Uni and wanted to focus her life on that instead of worrying about a Habbo fansite. Makes perfect sense to me. She can be friends with whoever she wants to be but as a person she's still the lovely Gina we all know and love.

Adios.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 02-03-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

lol
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

As you mentioned in your post Habbo has a lot fewer users and there are a lot more fansites so we are competing for a much smaller userbase.

I'm not going to get into it again (half cos I CBA repeating myself and half because it's pointless having this discussion) but a lot has been neglected at Habbox due to interest levels and broken promises over the years. We have some cool bits and pieces launching over the next few months to spruce up our output and our on-client activity is looking pretty great, there's always people having a natter in the HXHD and at events! Of course people move on but we're not going to tie them down. Priorities change, friendships change and people change and move on, that's part of life! It is always a shame when people who are massively seen as "major part of Habbox" go but other people fill their place!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Habbo help centres, forums and fan sites are definitely decreasing in popularity. Doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road, it could be a beginning.. just depends where we go from here :-)

The big bad wolf of social media has swallowed most of it up! Scan my fingerprint, and boom! On my screen is the text box to write my thoughts or I immediately scroll to find an interaction. Simple and easy wins. I personally believe that’s why habbo has decreased popularity too. They’ve over complicated the user experience.

In terms of forums, ratio of thread categories to members is quite important. I apply the same thought to the habbo navigator.. one popular list made users more condensed and more likely to make interaction. Trying to find a room on habbo is like trying to find something to watch on netflix.... too much choice!!

Perhaps with so many fansites dropping like flies, we can see it as an opportunity. You can do it Habbox! 2018 is your year !

As for the Help Desk, it is very much alive with a fun, friendly group of people! I’m just a visitor but their attitude made me want to join the forums again! Come visit 0

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You were listening to Habbox when you were nine then, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    It is quite sad but even I now feel myself logging on less, maybe that's because of a decline but maybe just as with many people becoming detatched. First url I typed in used to be Habbox.com ... It is crazy though how long some of us have been on here, 2006! We haven't helped ourselves in recent years though with a badly outdated site and forum.

All that said, we had a good run. I'll be here until the end for sure.
    I'm the same nowadays. It's still a habit going onto HxF most of the time, (and I still do features), but I literally come on Habbox, click new posts, get pissed off at the replies on threads, especially when there's rule breaks. Once upon a time I'd report it, I'd actually care, especially when I ran the forum, nowadays though there's no point as there's a lack of activity and if people who hold some level of authority (staff+ etc.) don't care either then you can't expect the members to.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast