HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Blue British passports to be restored from October 2019, the Government announces

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/519254...passport-back/

BACK AND BLUE: UK to get its iconic dark blue passport back in stunning Brexit victory for The Sun

The Government has agreed to our demand to scrap the EU’s burgundy model, enforced on the nation from 1988

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    BRITS will get their iconic dark blue passports back after Brexit, ministers announce today — in a stunning campaign victory for The Sun.

The Government has agreed to our demand to scrap the EU’s burgundy model, enforced on the nation from 1988.

Immigration Minister Brandon Lewis said: “One of the most iconic things about being British is having a British passport.”

From the first day of Brexit, March 29 2019, burgundy-coloured new passports will still be issued, but no longer with any EU insignia on them.

And five months later in October - when the current passport manufacturers’ contract expires - all new British passports will be issued in the dark blue colour that was once famous across the globe.

In a second victory for The Sun’s determined 17 month campaign, the Home Office has also decided to hand over blue passports early.

Former Ukip leader Nigel Farage often held up his European Union passport during the Brexit debates

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    At the moment, new passports can only be applied for once 10 year long current ones expire.

But in a special dispensation, any British citizen will be able to request to a new blue passport even if their old burgundy ones have many years left to run.

Revealing the decision, Mr Lewis told The Sun last night: “I recognise that for many people who voted in that referendum, they want to see things that are different.

“One of the most iconic things about being British is having a British passport.

“So from the first day we leave, new passports will look different and within five months they will be very different, because they will be dark blue again.” The cabinet minister added: “We wanted to return to the dark blue passport because we recognise the string attachment people had to it”.

The Sun also reveals the design for the new blue passports’ front page today.

The Royal (British) Coat of Arms will sit on its front in gold.

Inside pages will be adorned with patriotic background scenes from all four corners of UK.

The new blue passports will also be one of the most secure travel documents anywhere in the world.

A raft of cutting edge security features and technologies are being built into the design to guard against fraud and forgery.

They include polycarbonate pages, a double set of photos of the holder so they can be cross referenced, and a biometric microchip

The "Old Blue" passport was introduced in 1920 as the Imperial passport of the British Empire - which is why Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand and many other countries all to this day still have a black/navy blue passport.

Six years later the League of Nations — forerunner of the United Nations — described the elegant British design as "perfection itself".

But in 1981 — eight years after we joined the EU — Brussels demanded all member states should have a "European" passport within four years.

Britain resisted strongly until 1988. We were the last of the then EU nations to go burgundy.
    Excellent news!

It just so happens that my passport expires in 2021 so I wouldn't have to wait long anyway but i'll be requesting a new blue one as soon as they come out. For patriotic reasons but also because my passport is pretty tatty atm!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-12-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Oh thank god for that it's been plaguing me for years, every time I go abroad I cry shamelessly because I so desperately want a different colour passport
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Joe, Alkaz Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Oh thank god for that it's been plaguing me for years, every time I go abroad I cry shamelessly because I so desperately want a different colour passport
    In all seriousness though, symbolism *does* matter. The European Union knew this which is why it made us have a uniform colour, with the words 'European Union' being placed above the name of our country. They didn't do that on a whim, it was done for a reason.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Lill-MeeDK

Latest Awards:

Omg think of all of them that wants new passport, you will have to wait for aaaaaaaages if you want it to request the blue one, thinking of how long they are to make it in Denmark.

But here’s I am, also a little bit jealous, I want a blue one too (((((
    All the love. K.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I already have a British passport.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

The PM shared a graphic today showing the new passport, so that Royal Blue colour (not Navy) does appear to be the new shade.

And a history of the British passport...

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Could just get a passport jacket lol can have whatever you like on that
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

real victory there
    doing something that couldve been done this whole time

what a waste of breath and such a non issue

while i dont really have the time to post in this area of the forum anymore, i really enjoy how much you seem to focus on tiny "victories" like this, ignoring stuff like how david davies or w/e his name is has lied countless times about the reports
    or how some of the now produced reports seem to just be c+p from wikipedia
    or that your "phase one" didnt even pass the HoC
    or how india hints at no trade deal without relaxed immigration rules
    or just northern ireland issues in general
    and have you even considered gibraltar?

"One of the most iconic things about being British is having a British passport."
    who the hell has ever said that and even if so, why would they be say that when our passport essentially gets weaker from leaving

what a joke

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    real victory there
    doing something that couldve been done this whole time

what a waste of breath and such a non issue

while i dont really have the time to post in this area of the forum anymore, i really enjoy how much you seem to focus on tiny "victories" like this, ignoring stuff like how david davies or w/e his name is has lied countless times about the reports

"One of the most iconic things about being British is having a British passport."
    who the hell has ever said that and even if so, why would they be say that when our passport essentially gets weaker from leaving

what a joke
    do you honestly expect any better though honestly? :p

But yeah, could have had a blue passport all this time, the UK govt at the time opted into the standard format (another EU state already has a blue passport).

the blue passport was imposed on us anyway and wasn't our decision (league of nations imposed it in 1920)

interesting read:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...dy-passport-eu
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8124526.html

load of shit as normal.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@dgbtz; @scottish;

Whilst in theory the colour was a 'choice', the burgundy EU passport was adopted on recommendation of the European Union in line with the harmonisation of EU flight and border controls. In 'theory' the UK could block other EU harmonisation at the Council of Ministers. But that is in theory, which would reverse integration in the EU so wouldn't of happened. In other words, we're no longer bound by this resolution: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...1X0919:EN:HTML which is what taking back control was all about. We get to decide these simple things without having to consult foreigners.

The real issue in all of this was not even the colour, it was the words 'EUROPEAN UNION' stamped across the top of the passport - meaning it was not a British passport, but a European passport which gave 500m odd other people the same right as you and I to enter this realm. This change in passport ultimately symbolises the end of hated EU Freedom of Movement. Hurrah.

Other symbolic changes that I have already noticed that have pleased me have been in my own city. EU flags I noticed have disappeared from Liverpool's buildings and apart from outside the Council offices I literally cannot think of any that still fly.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz;
    Why can't I focus on little victories as well?

I'm really pleased with progress so far. A50 is counting down. We're leaving the Customs Union and Single Market. Phase One of the negotiations have been concluded. A transition period (time limited) in which to sign FTAs has been agreed. The Great Repeal Act has passed the House of Commons with the government winning all but one of the amendments. We're leaving the Fisheries Convention and EURATOM. It's all progressing really well and in line with what I have always wanted.

Phase 1 doesn't need to pass the Commons and for that reason hasn't been put to a vote there, if India doesn't want an FTA with us then that is fine as we don't *need* one, Northern Ireland will require customs checks and as well Gibraltar. What's your issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast