HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcade

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Arcade

Couple of things. Firstly can you introduce some new games? I know that a staff member has like 1000's but management rejected it. We have about thirty, all of which have stupidly high scores.

Which leads me on to my second point, high scores. Can you resist them every twelve months? Or even six months. Would make it better imo. If your going to have a small amount of games at least reset the scores.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was 3rd on the all time list last time i was VIP and I go back to the arcade the other day and all my scores have been wiped :s also people having filthy avatars in some of the high scores. Its wrong to reset any scores unless they are clearly fiddled which some seem to be.

I vote fill it full of games or scrap the arcade :eusa_whis most the current games are crapppppppppppppp

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

It was reset in august

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=512048

if i remember correct there was a poll abot it
    en ta beauté gît ma mort et ma vie

Tokens

I'm not sure if there was a poll but it was definately re-set around August as Scott said. Although, I see the point in wiping it as if there is someone whos set an impossibly hard score to beat, it's just going to be boring as you'll never stand a chance. I can't see a logical reason though, why a few new games can't be added.
    Bring On The Trumpets.

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

there was a poll cause i remember jake sending me the link on msn to vote in it
    en ta beauté gît ma mort et ma vie

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohirian View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a poll but it was definately re-set around August as Scott said. Although, I see the point in wiping it as if there is someone whos set an impossibly hard score to beat, it's just going to be boring as you'll never stand a chance. I can't see a logical reason though, why a few new games can't be added.
    But if you had worked your arse off to get your best scores and then its wiped how would you feel? i had a few scores that i dont think i could beat again and they have been wiped surely its up to the other people to get good and beat them. Oh look i have top score how good am i? even though its only half as good as the previous best before a rediculous idea to wipe all the records.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by jrh2002 View Post
    But if you had worked your arse off to get your best scores and then its wiped how would you feel? i had a few scores that i dont think i could beat again and they have been wiped surely its up to the other people to get good and beat them. Oh look i have top score how good am i? even though its only half as good as the previous best before a rediculous idea to wipe all the records.
    Thats true however as there are so little games, if the scores are re-wiped more people are going to buy VIP to play in the arcade. I see no reason either way though to be honest. On Bat and Mouse I was in the 800,000 and it got wiped, which is like impossible to get
    Bring On The Trumpets.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jrh2002 View Post
    The reason for them being wiped is because people are discouraged from playing if the high score is stupidly high and they don't have a hope of getting anywhere on the highscores. Not that I can remember 6 months back but that seems logical Yeah it'll be annoying for the people who's scores get wiped but it also gives those people incentive to carry on playing the game.

More games would always be nice, if we have that person with 300 games or whatever maybe we can add a few each week on the sunday updates thing? Might keep it fresh.

Speaking of the arcade, if and when VIP goes it might be a bit underused anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohirian View Post
    Thats true however as there are so little games, if the scores are re-wiped more people are going to buy VIP to play in the arcade. I see no reason either way though to be honest. On Bat and Mouse I was in the 800,000 and it got wiped, which is like impossible to get
    Very true lol I think Habbox seem to think the scores in limited amounts of games are more important than quantity of games that we can explore and enjoy surely the more games the better? I think if i had to choose 20 or so games i would maybe have 1 or 2 of the current ones and im sure most of us feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-Alex View Post
    The reason for them being wiped is because people are discouraged from playing if the high score is stupidly high and they don't have a hope of getting anywhere on the highscores. Not that I can remember 6 months back but that seems logical Yeah it'll be annoying for the people who's scores get wiped but it also gives those people incentive to carry on playing the game.
    I tried the arcade the other day and with the thought of having to try and build my scores up all over again had the total opposite effect on me so gave up.

More games would always be nice, if we have that person with 300 games or whatever maybe we can add a few each week on the sunday updates thing? Might keep it fresh.
    This idea is good and could get me to make a return as long as you got spy hunter in there and a few more classic arcade games lol

I think all current VIP's should be allowed to continue paying for our subscriptions and just not allow new VIP's let me post that in VIP thread lol
    Last edited by jrh2002; 28-11-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Tokens

Surely when Habbox are forced to stop selling VIP and the subscriptions begin to run out, the arcade should be taken away as a VIP priviledge as there will only be a few people there?

New games should be added for the weekly update, however depending on you're usergroup, you may only be ble to access certain games.
    Bring On The Trumpets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast