HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rapping

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah, I made it sound like lyrics don't count, but they sure do.
    What would a song be, without the lyrics.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Some rap, is what i think is poetry, I don't like it but i respect it, if that makes any sense but newer type of rap, like all about money and :rude: is awful, can't stand it

i heart nik

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo-LX
    Some rap, is what i think is poetry, I don't like it but i respect it, if that makes any sense but newer type of rap, like all about money and :rude: is awful, can't stand it
    thank you! rap was the greatest type of music out for a good 5 years (90-95, 96 or so) but then MTV tryed to cash in. with groups like tribe called quest and de la soul you could get away from MTV and still listen to good music. rap nowadays is garbage. and the worst part, is that people think that its rap! well its not! its pop. eminem, gay unit, chingy, jay z, all of it. garbage!
    the only thing decent nowadays is kanye west. kanye brings it back to the good ol days because its not stale. it doesnt need a good hook and a decent beat to survive (unlike gay unit). its also very socially conciese (sp.) and gets its style from some of my favorites (tribe called quest, talib etc. (other then jay z)).

well that was my rant...have fun with it

Tokens

Default rap - bah..

i h8 all rap really but i can respect it as its own type of music. im a punk-rocker which i think is better but yeh i think the early rap was quite good when it was mixed with metal (the apprpriatley named rap-metal) and bands like

- beastie boys

- cypress hill and even people like the modern N.E.R.D but i dont see rap as music or singing. the style i really hate is all this rubbishy club music urm... i dont really remember anyone who does it as there generally one hit wonders but it think people like fat boy slim and eric prydz are the enemy to all decent music as there is no talent in creating songs on a computer and putting sum weird voices on top.

I'm mainly into rock as i like the way that bands have the space to create their own style, Flogging Molly and The killers as well as many others like The Zutons and Limp Bizkit all have their own style. I also like the passion but sum of the really heavy death metal like slayer, megadeth and good old 'priest make hard listening. only people like mastodon and slipknot as well as metallica and acdc guns and roses and a few others have really got it spot on.

I also cant stand boy bands/girl bands or all these maufacured people there is no talent.

And (yup, theres more!) i like sum of eminems songs like stan, sing for the moment and lose yourself it showes his punk background (apparently his influences involve *** Pistols) I think what he did made a stand but 50-cent gay-unit Jay-Z (who can i add has put me off linkin park for life) it is gettin so borin.

basically i think that rnb and pop will go away a bit and something nu will take over it was until the mid 90's when gr8 bands like blink182 and greenday were coming thru that punk-pop was the thing.

i think in the future the charts will be full of individual acts with no style and thank god busted have gone. music can only get better!

ur frend

ramjet

G-flow Guest

Yeah cypress hill are good, though i am not that bothered by the beastie boys, i mean, i respect them but ...i dunno lol....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12