HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I doubt it'll have any effect. They're going to have to ban junk food from shops if they want to do anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I doubt it'll have any effect. They're going to have to ban junk food from shops if they want to do anything.
    I agree.

They'll have to do alot more to change the diet of millions of kids in Britain, cancelling a few ad's on tv won't change much, you walk outside and theres massive adverts on billboards..

banning junk food advertisements will just make people order pizza less cuz they don't know the latest specials :p
    scarlet boots , the kiss of death
    patience and the end of it
    blended angels , whispered love
    countdown til it's gone , for long
    velvet voices , haunting slow
    darkened nooks , with bright decor
    georgian femmes are gone for weeks
    southern belles in london sing

Tokens

Latest Awards:

People will continue to eat it regardless in my opinion, we know its there, the minute we set foot down the high street, or town, or shopping centre, it stares us in the face, maybe they should stay closed untill after 9pm watershed (sarcasm)
    REMOVED

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which are over the size limit for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    9? Are you serious? Here in the U.S. junk food commercials are on all day.

And McDonalds is different, everyone knows about them. But most of the junk foods with commercials you wouldnt know about otherwise. Little kids don't know any better, its about them. And you cant say 'I' in this. If you can control your mind, youre an exception. But you cannot deny that little kids see a McDonald's commercial and want McDonald's because of it.
    I suppose. And they show them all day, but the new law wont show them till 9. Tbh, all adverts suck. Except cool one's like the orange ones.
    On three,
    we're jumping from this ledge,
    this build's tall,
    I'm sure we'll wake up dead

But I still love her..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenWhisper View Post
    I suppose. And they show them all day, but the new law wont show them till 9. Tbh, all adverts suck. Except cool one's like the orange ones.

Haha, and beer commercials. There are some hillarious commercials out there, but for the most part theyre bad. I hate the commercials where they just get this person to just talk to the camera and walk around like they know everything.

Ahhh, stuff about advertizing lately has been getting me mad. Im reading this book called No Logo, about corruption in corporations and stuff, but for some reason lately Ive been having to defend companies, because people dont know what they're talking about. Like next week or something in our school is 'Buy Nothing Day' that supposidly makes a point. What that point is, I have no clue. The posters say stuff like "I buy. You buy. We buy. He buys. She buys. THEY PROFIT!". I just want to take the person who wrote that and take them to Business 101. Thats how business works. People buy stuff, companies give it to them. Transaction complete!

There might be a deeper meaning to it, but they failed to make any mention of it with the posters. Like one said "Advertizments Lie!-- Buy Nothing Day". Anything ironic about that?

My only complaint about advertizing is their agressiveness to children. Toys and stuff I can understand, but have you noticed how cell phones are being targeted to younger and younger kids? That kind of stuff I dont think is right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234