HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Should the Government raise the age?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should

35 64.81%
  • No, they shoudln't

12 22.22%
  • I don't really care/no opinion

7 12.96%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hixxy View Post
    Can't wait till they ban it full stop! Stupid kids think it's soo cool to smoke.
    Thats so stereotype i smoke i don't think it's cool its just a nasty habit i have n i am not proud, i got into it via smoking drugs n dont think im cool for that tbh i think im a idiot for it hence why ive quit tht but im addicted to ciggerettes n thts my problem

Tokens

Latest Awards:

By raising the age they are helping the NHS in the long run because people who start smoking in their teenage years are more likely to have lung cancer. Who has to spend thousands sorting out someone with lung cancer? The NHS. So that's saving them money in theory.

People are probably still gonner get their cigs anyway. Just about anyone can get them at the age of 13-14 so I'm not sure it'll work, just re-inforce how dangerous it is. The only way it'll work is if the government impose very hefty fines on shops that are selling them to underage people knowingly (i.e. without asking for ID). That way the shops aren't gonner risk it for £4.50 or however much they are nowadays. Parents who are stupid enough to give them to their kids (and it does happen) should also be fined.

Quote Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    I say no because:
    1. It's not doing any harm as it is.
    2. The government are looking for little daft things to change.
    3. The government are stupid, couldn't they deal with something more important, like sorting out the NHS, or housing or whatever, instead of doing little stupid things like this.
    Hello

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i honestly don't care at all.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    i honestly don't care at all.
    Then why post?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
    By raising the age they are helping the NHS in the long run because people who start smoking in their teenage years are more likely to have lung cancer. Who has to spend thousands sorting out someone with lung cancer? The NHS. So that's saving them money in theory.

People are probably still gonner get their cigs anyway. Just about anyone can get them at the age of 13-14 so I'm not sure it'll work, just re-inforce how dangerous it is. The only way it'll work is if the government impose very hefty fines on shops that are selling them to underage people knowingly (i.e. without asking for ID). That way the shops aren't gonner risk it for £4.50 or however much they are nowadays. Parents who are stupid enough to give them to their kids (and it does happen) should also be fined.
    So my moms stupid? My mom knows i won't quit so she said she was my age when she started smoking and it ent going to stop me if she dont fgive them me. and tbh when im stressed i have a go at her so i spose shes helping herself out lol, hell yeah i know she shouldnt encourage me but its better than me doing it behind her back

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It won't stop anything, jsut as it didn't when it was raised to 16, most shops still let kids purchase them anyway.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you are at the legal age to smoke and your moms buying you them then that doesn't matter. If you're below the legal age then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieeran View Post
    So my moms stupid? My mom knows i won't quit so she said she was my age when she started smoking and it ent going to stop me if she dont fgive them me. and tbh when im stressed i have a go at her so i spose shes helping herself out lol, hell yeah i know she shouldnt encourage me but its better than me doing it behind her back
    Hello

Tokens

Latest Awards:

couldnt care less tbh

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I get served for booze and im 16... so i could easily get served for **** if the price rised... Alot of people look older than wat they actually are

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes it will stop kids smoking & getting addicted for life.
    Next match: Ipswich (H) Sunday 4th November, 12.45pm.
    ta very much; esurient
    myspace

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast