HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The whole racism against shilpa crap.

Hey. I'm sure you've all heard about this whole crap with Jade, Jo and Danielle apparantly being racist to Shilpa in Big Brother..?

Anyway - I know theres a Big B forum, but this is on all the news channels and papers so I class it under here as well.

All these news media's are claiming that the 3 of them have made racist comments about Shilpa and racistly insulted her.

They have done nothing more than simply talk about her etc. Fair enough, I guess it could be classed as bullying, but if you watch any of the previous Big Brothers you will see that there is generally one outcast who is treated similarly. However, just because Shilpa is a woman of race it is autmatically racist?

Put it this way - if Jermaine and Shilpa where to make the same comments about someone who was white in there, such as Jade, racism wouldn't be brought into it. It's just the fact that as Shilpa is a different colour then all of a sudden it must be racism? It's honestly pathetic. I fail to understand why people of ethnic races demand to be treated fairly and in an unracist way, yet when they are or receive any megar insult - they automatically class it as racism.

I simply feel it's racist in the whole way the thing has been portayed and that it has been over exaggerated now.

Whats your views?
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Latest Awards:

they wasn't racist at all. if anything they was 'bullying' even shilpa said herself she didn't feel any racial abuse towards herself.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My opinion: Utter crap.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

its stupid. gone out of hand. the media are making it sound like all hell has broke loose aswell.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lube View Post
    they wasn't racist at all. if anything they was 'bullying' even shilpa said herself she didn't feel any racial abuse towards herself.
    Exactly. Fair enough their comments were catty etc. and it could be classed as bullying - fine, but I'm sick of people claming every insult towards someone of another background is racist? It's as though she can't accept an argument or any insult - but if people ever stand up to them then their racist?!
    Ostinato...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post
    Exactly. Fair enough their comments were catty etc. and it could be classed as bullying - fine, but I'm sick of people claming every insult towards someone of another background is racist? It's as though she can't accept an argument or any insult - but if people ever stand up to them then their racist?!
    if shilpa said something racist to jade etc. i bet it wouldnt be this bad.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post
    lmao ino, but at our age we should all know what the media is like by now.. they practically blow ANYTHING and EVERYTHING out of proportion, and it's always for their own sake. the only way they'd have been racist if they'd commented on her race, and used it against her. and as far as i'm aware, they did no such thing.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Lol they never.

I know its pathetic. It's not even the big brother thing that annoys me - it's the full situation.

Like Indians demand to be treated as equals etc. yet they go and do this sort of crap? Why say no to racism then at any argument or insult they are involved in automatically say they are being racistly attacked?
    Ostinato...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

People of different races are arguing, wheres the racism?

And yes, I know they were imitating her Indian accent. But Shilpa was imitating Jade's accent.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

big brother are benefiting from all of this. they have had a increase of 1 million viewers lol

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast