HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Tescos new rule when buying alcohol

I haven't made a thread in ages, but this happened recently when I went shopping with my mum at Tescos.

In short:

You cannot buy alcohol aged 18 above if you have someone younger than 18 with you.

Here is the story:

My mum got 6 bottles of Sherry (my dad has a glass every night during dinner), like she does sometimes when we go shopping at Tescos. We were about to pay when the bag with the 6 bottles of Sherry went through the scanner.

The boy at the till asked the supervisor "What's this new rule about alcohol?"
    The supervisor looked at me and said "We cannot sell you this drink because HE is underaged." He = me.

It was kinda embarassing because we've been shopping there since, God knows when. Ever since we've lived in the area.

We were allowed to buy it in the end because the supervisor has seen us many times before.

But still, this rule is absolutely rediculous. It won't solve underaged drinkers getting alcohol by asking people aged 18 or older. Mainly because if you were asking someone for drink, you won't go in the shop with them, it is very rare and you would have to be stupid...

What happens when another parent comes in with a child? Would they be rejected buying something alcoholic?

What are your views on this? I would like to know if other shops are doing this, because I know Co-Op might not be doing this, yet.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I haven't made a thread in ages, but this happened recently when I went shopping with my mum at Tescos.

In short:

You cannot buy alcohol aged 18 above if you have someone younger than 18 with you.

Here is the story:

My mum got 6 bottles of Sherry (my dad has a glass every night during dinner), like she does sometimes when we go shopping at Tescos. We were about to pay when the bag with the 6 bottles of Sherry went through the scanner.

The boy at the till asked the supervisor "What's this new rule about alcohol?"
    The supervisor looked at me and said "We cannot sell you this drink because HE is underaged." He = me.

It was kinda embarassing because we've been shopping there since, God knows when. Ever since we've lived in the area.

We were allowed to buy it in the end because the supervisor has seen us many times before.

But still, this rule is absolutely rediculous. It won't solve underaged drinkers getting alcohol by asking people aged 18 or older. Mainly because if you were asking someone for drink, you won't go in the shop with them, it is very rare and you would have to be stupid...

What happens when another parent comes in with a child? Would they be rejected buying something alcoholic?

What are your views on this? I would like to know if other shops are doing this, because I know Co-Op might not be doing this, yet.
    that's seriously pathetic.

and i agree with what you said, it won't solve anything, because the person who wants it just won't go into the shop :rolleyes:
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lube View Post
    that's seriously pathetic.

and i agree with what you said, it won't solve anything, because the person who wants it just won't go into the shop :rolleyes:
    I'm not too fussed about it, I am 18 in about 3 or 4 weeks But other families are going to have to suffer. Kids are going to have to wait outside.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah ino but still, i don't think they thought it through very well really..
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I doubt it will stop anything, it just means genuine parents and guardians for the children neglect them while shopping so they can buy alcohol.

The first main rule of someone buying a minor alcohol would probably be DON'T BE SEEN WITH THEM. No one would sell them then, if it's suspicious. It's normally the worst people, like druggies you get to buy you your alcohol?

I think it's pretty damn stupid if you ask me!
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's a bit stupid. So if a mother came in with her 5-year-old, they wouldn't give her alcohol. Oh yeah, she's gonna give it to the kid isn't she :rolleyes: What is the world coming to? Political correctness is taking over.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Couldn't you just send your child out of the shop whilst you bought the alcohol? :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Couldn't you just send your child out of the shop whilst you bought the alcohol? :rolleyes:
    So that they can be kidnapped by a weirdo...

Tokens

OMG Noobs! I buy Alcohol with kids and Im OK thats just stupid because there just going to wait outside!
    Adam.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Has anyone else come by this rule in their tescos or other super market?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast