HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, Child **** is just plain sick and I think they should be cracked down on with the highest of punishment. Laws on other things such as illegal file sharing would totally kill what the internet was originally made for, to share files and information.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't agree. It's strict enough as it is, when you try to access a ****ography site it asks you if you are over 18 and also has some Terms & Conditions, on most sites anyway. Sure it's easy to just click 'yes I am 18' but that's not the site owners fault as they've warned them and stuff but the person has still clicked enter knowing the risk. Parents can also block sites on computers and make it parental controlled.

You have to be safe anywhere you go in the world - why change it on the net? You have to watch who you talk to in the real world, who you take stuff from who you buy stuff from. It's you're own risk and you do know the risk of it. You just have to be safe with regards to anything you do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The Americans tried banning pr0n on the internet a few years back, but the big pr0n company owners complained that it breached their right to freedom of publishing or some such right, and got the legislation reversed.

Also I heard it's something like 5 pr0n sites to every normal site, and when you think about how many normal sites there are.. that's a lot of jackoff material. Difficult to get rid of that much substance.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think it should be not stricter just maybe more secure. I don't know how but meh, i'm not some computer tech to tell you how

But I see what people mean when they talk about that they should buy a better package for their computer, such as a better more improved anti-virus package. I also think that the manufactureres should make them more easy to use as I don't know how to use mine!
    WWW.TWITTER.COM/XKITTERS
    WWW.CAPSANDSHOES.TUMBLR.COM
    RUNESCAPE: 0NLY NY
    ADD MY GAMERTAG: HCTONY

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Windows Vista requires a good PC (as far as I'm aware)

I think enough is being done. Parents can get software to control whats accessed.

I think maybe school should teach younger children more about internet safety, and not some half assed 5 minute talk.
    Doubt everything, even this.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Schools have it back to front anyway. Schhols teach about how not to trust anyone, if you listened to schools you probably wouldn't go on habbo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Absolutely not. Child ****ography is different, because that's illegal no matter where you put it, so the law in real life takes care of that. The whole point of the internet is freedom of speech, no guidelines and no central power. It's either no laws or a lot, there is no in between.

My fear, if there were internet rules, is people would say "Hey, ____ is banned why isnt _____?" and then that would get banned. Who's to say what is inappropriate for the internet and what isnt? If there are no laws, there is nothing to compare it to, its complete freedom. But as soon as you add one simple rule, it leads to a chain of rules.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) laws on the internet are near impossible, since whats illgeal in one contary probably isnt in another, so if the servers in another, there aint alot that can be done.
    2) the internet is a network, which promotes the free exchange of information. Itshould stay that way.
    3) i think there should be a few more laws, althoiugh working the oppesit way, Its ok for the goverment to sift threw and read your IM's and emails. if they did the same to your phiscal mail, or tapped you phone line, without any evidance or reason, that would be illegal. The same should be true on the net.
    4) a countrys law can only really be inforced in that country. the web is world wide which causes the problems.

Tokens

The "internet police" have enough trouble stopping the illegal activity on the internet as it is. There are hundreds of thounds, probably millions of sites that are breaking some law in some country.

Tokens

no, i like it the way it is. if people are silly enough to get a virus or w.e it's there own fault. anyway, theres like loads of anti virus programs out there, most of them prepared for the next infection.

anyway, i don't think theres really a way to make it stricter.
    Last edited by irresistible; 08-02-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    :

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast