HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alcohol View Post
    but it does help a lot of people get to and from college. it helps them buy stuff for college. i use my EMA for stuff i need for college, then i use the spare money on what i want. i don't see the problem.
    o.o I spend my ema on cds hoodys and hats

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    The student could get a part time job.

Also people whos parents earn higher than the set allowance to receive EMA don't necessarily get any more money that someone with parents that earn lower.

All I think is that it would make more sense to lower Uni costs by using the money from EMA.
    Yh they could but im to lazy for a job thts why i went to college tbh. Two more years in education means no money you need to pay for some taxes or something & you get 30£ per week sorted rly. I take it the only reason your against it is cos you dont get it..?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I dont think its a bad idea, but what i will say, is that is disgraceful how some students are getting given more EMA than others. just because yours parents make over £30000 a year doesnt mean thier going to give you any of it? It is a discrimination in its own right. We are young adults and they are treating us like children.
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't get it so I have to do a job.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you get EMA and you go to a learning establishment which doesn't cost you anything, then it is pointless.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I get £30 EMA a week, and being in my second year I'm lucky enough to have a timetable which only needs me in college 3 days a week. That's £10 for a day of college (8:35-4:25).

I walk to college, so I pay nothing for travel.
    I eat at the local Co-Op or the sandwich shop place for like £3 a day.
    I have to buy an art pack for the year which is £41.40, but that's a one-off.

This leaves me with a fair amount of money, which I find extremely useful for driving lessons, car insurance, petrol and of course drugs/alcohol. The only objection people have to EMA is that they don't get it, which is hardly a fair reason.

I'm not really making a case as to why EMA is a good thing, I'm just gloating.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I get £30 EMA a week, and being in my second year I'm lucky enough to have a timetable which only needs me in college 3 days a week. That's £10 for a day of college (8:35-4:25).

I walk to college, so I pay nothing for travel.
    I eat at the local Co-Op or the sandwich shop place for like £3 a day.
    I have to buy an art pack for the year which is £41.40, but that's a one-off.

This leaves me with a fair amount of money, which I find extremely useful for driving lessons, car insurance, petrol and of course drugs/alcohol. The only objection people have to EMA is that they don't get it, which is hardly a fair reason.
    I'm not really making a case as to why EMA is a good thing, I'm just gloating.
    Ofcourse its a fair reason, how do you expect people who dont get it to travel to and from college, buy stationary equiptment and the likes, its completely irrelevant how much your parents make, everyone should get an equal amount, or get nothing at all
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    One thing that has really bugged me over the last year is EMA.

I don't understand why tax payers money is being given to thousands of students to encourage them to go to college. If people want to go to college they do it of their own accord, not because they've been bribed. I'd much rather that money be put back in t Universities so that tuition fees are lowered.

Now I know EMA is meant to help people lesser off with transport costs but 9 times out of 10 that money isn't spent on that. I know people who just spend it on pointless things and their parents still pay for travel costs.

A girl I've known since Primary school who is pretty well off, she lives in a large house and has always had nice things. Two holidays a year and nice cars, yet she is still allowed £20 a week and it just makes me so mad because her parents do have enough money to pay for transport.

Like I stated previously. I'd much rather that money be put in to Uni so that a 3 year course doesn't end up costing £9k. I mean most students come out with £20k of debt after their course.

What do you think?

I don't get EMA , i think it sucks i was having a discussion with one of my friends last year about it.

EMA students get up to £30 a week just for turning up....
    EMA students get a bonus at christmas and other holidays if all there work has been handed in...

All this as an incentive for them to turn up and work, but what about me my parrents yearly make over the minimum amount because they draw from two pensions and one has a job, it would be a lie to say my family don't have much money because they do, often will my parrents pay me to work in the garden or the field to aid them at the current minimum wage. but wheres my incentive! last year because of this i saw no need to go to college several days a week as i could do work, hand it in on time and just get more work, meanwhile students on the otherside of the room were handing it in late and still getting paid!

The idea that its a Education Manitence allowance to buy equipment and much needed college supplies, books or pay for food and bills is complete rubbish, most people i know use to to buy drugs! (i have nothing against them using drugs but why should the goverment pay them to get drugs and get me at the end of the week thinking... agh just another year to go.

the college provide students with a bus pass for a small fee at the begging of the year so i don't understand why students who get EMA need that money to pay for the bus!

Surely the goverment is not paying slackers to get drugs, booze, smoking and get cheap toxic fuming cars to ruin the air quality.

Meanwhile i find myself looking for jobs to get any cash i can!

Friend of mine who doesn't get EMA is now having to work several jobs just to get a monthly income to support himself and pay bills that his parrents won't, yesturday he was working fro 11pm till 5am and turns up to college an hour late...

to be honest i don't know anyone in my college year (Within my course) that deserve a EMA considering there attitude in college, there disruption, workrate and the fact they all have jobs anyway!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    The only objection people have to EMA is that they don't get it, which is hardly a fair reason.
    :eusa_clap I totally agree. I get £10 EMA a week, and for me, that will go towards buying clothes, driving lessons etc. The people who think its unfair, are obviously, the people who dont get it. I highly doubt they would be complaining if they did get it. In my opinion, its just jelousy that creates all this bitterness between non-EMA people.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pycan View Post
    I personally think everybody after the age of 16 to 19 and in college/higher education should receive EMA.

I think it is unfair for those who can't get it. What's to say your parents are giving you £30 a week?

I bet most people who don't get EMA still have to work for there travels and there mam & dad do not support them.

exactly.
    2992reps,

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    :eusa_clap I totally agree. I get £10 EMA a week, and for me, that will go towards buying clothes, driving lessons etc. The people who think its unfair, are obviously, the people who dont get it. I highly doubt they would be complaining if they did get it. In my opinion, its just jelousy that creates all this bitterness between non-EMA people.
    couldn't have been more wrong
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast