HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Should we sign the new EU treaty?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, we should sign the new EU treaty giving them all the powers listed below.

1 6.25%
  • NO, we should not surrender our parliament and countrys powers.

15 93.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

There are only 3 or 4 countries paying more in to the european union than what they are taking out and Britain is one of them.
    Why would we want to pay for everybody else?
    Its to late now in my opinion so look at going Australia etc where they look after their own people.

i'd vote yes, don't care.
    i don't consider myself british tbh, so it don't bother me.

there's no logic to my decision there, but there doesn't have to be so meh

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't really have enough knowledge on the matter and the stuff you've posted obviously has biased tendencies. I'd prefer to learn alittle more before I make up my mind.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

I think not. I would rather my country be ran by MY country. not some jumped up little ***** telling us wot to do in another country. England has been running fine for the past 500 years and I for one do not see why making us part of some stupid superstate woul benifit us. If i remember correctly we fought in WW2 to keep out of a European superstate controlled by someone...?
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually england technically has no goverment of its own? Where run by the united kingdom of great britain and northen island, which just happens to be based from london. The scottish now do have there own "limited" parlement, so do have an independant goverment(ish), england itself had none of its own, instead simply useing that of the Uk. Although its thought as being the english goverment, its no more the english's one than Northen islands, wales or scottlands.
    Europe would simply be takeing this yet another level up.

On the other hand my vote would be against the treaty on the basis of not really wanting to be part of any european federation, which on the scale doesnt seem to work in the interests of the majorty of its member states. I personally would prefer to exist in a europe formed from a cluster or mutually benifiting member states, as opposed to morphing in to a single mega state with a centeralised govermental body.

Note: even if the UK says yes to it, its unlikely to pass as a great number of other member states have already stated there intention to veto the new version of the treaty.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Diligo View Post
    I don't really have enough knowledge on the matter and the stuff you've posted obviously has biased tendencies. I'd prefer to learn alittle more before I make up my mind.
    No, the stuff I have posted IS going to happen if we let Brown do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    As much as I belive we should be in the EU, I dont agree with this. I think are traditions stand for something in this country, and I for one dont want to hand them over.

Even if Brown signs it, I dont think it will happen because those countries that do get a vote on this, are most likely to say 'No' which has already happend in France and Dutch countries I belive.
    Thing is, they know hardly anyone wants it, but they will keep trying, until, as that EU minister said 'till they get it right', Brown is saying it's a totally different treaty, but even Espana's government have already said it's something like 96% the same as the rejected treaty.

As soon as it's in, Brussels will have the power to impose ANYTHING without us agreeing, once we sign this, A new USSR is formed.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh2002 View Post
    There are only 3 or 4 countries paying more in to the european union than what they are taking out and Britain is one of them.
    Why would we want to pay for everybody else?
    Its to late now in my opinion so look at going Australia etc where they look after their own people.
    Exactly!, people say the EU is good for trade but it isn't, we lose 10 Billion a year given to the EU (With that money we could buy 1 Trident system, which is submarines, 170 nuclear missles and so on, every 2 YEARS) The EU are also going to tax us for trading with America and other countrys now, so don't believe all this complete rubbish about trade.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    No, the stuff I have posted IS going to happen if we let Brown do this.
    I had no doubt it will. What I meant was, I've seen the cons, I would like to see the pros.
    Last edited by Browney; 25-09-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If we joined the EU I would rather be living in somewhere like Pakistan, all that sounds crap.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Diligo View Post
    I had no doubt it will. What I meant was, I've seen the cons, I would like to see the pros.
    Ahh ok, well believe me, I have tried to find pros to it and their are none, and to me, our freedom and democracy which have been built up over centurys - nothing can replace that.

Quote Originally Posted by rqm View Post
    If we joined the EU I would rather be living in somewhere like Pakistan, all that sounds crap.
    Agreed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Ahh ok, well believe me, I have tried to find pros to it and their are none, and to me, our freedom and democracy which have been built up over centurys - nothing can replace that.
    Fair enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12