HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    Im only stating the fact Im getting £50, so please, don't give me the cold shoulder. Ever thought it might be the fact that my parents dont earn as much as yours, so find it difficult to get me to 6 Form, pay my dinner, clothe me etc?. I get EMA because Im less fortunate and priviledged then other familys...end of.

Oh, and you Hollywood's EMA is coming from YOUR parents pocket? Well its also coming from MY parents, and HIS parents. Just thought Id slip that in before you claim the ripped-off tax payer act.
    Yes and I am not making out to be the only person whose parents pay tax here. The system as a whole is corrupt in my opinion and I therefore believe it is unfair towards a substantial amount of people.

I do not know how you can say you are "less fortunate and privileged" than me. Fortune is something that happens to people luckily - and I don't see how the fact my mother had some ambition and stuck in at school and went to university means she was "fortunate". She simply had the self-discipline and drive to do so.

And fair do's - some people do need extra cash to help support them and obviously that is understandable. However I feel the way they simply deem people whose parents earn over that money unable to get it. Like I already stated they don't even consider family structure (unless you are a single parent).

There is a lot of improvement required imo. Everyone or no-one should get it.

Edit: Also people are saying they "earn EMA". Sorry - but you don't earn it, you go to school/college and do the exact same thing I do so why the hell should you be classed as earning it and I shouldn't?
    Last edited by Ostinato; 28-09-2007 at 03:04 PM.
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzdom View Post
    It is not his fault his parents earn more money, they worked hard for it most probably rather than families just relying on child support.
    So your claiming my family are scroungers now? You disgust me. My Mum and Dad have a 2yr old girl to look after, so they can't possibly work more hours then they actually do.

And btw...all familys with kids get Child Support.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So your claiming my family are scroungers now? You disgust me. My Mum and Dad have a 2yr old girl to look after, so they can't possibly work more hours then they actually do.

And btw...all familys with kids get Child Support.
    And my mum and dad have a 4 month old boy to look after - but they manage it. :rolleyes:

He is simply stating the general stereotype of the person whos parents receive EMA - which you may or may not fall under...

Edit: Frodo the reputation you have left me is so immature it is unbelievable. Just because I feel you get EMA and others dont is unfair you -rep me saying I have offended you and all this crap? Where have I implied that your family are slackers? Outline to me exactly where in my posts I have offended you please.

I am entitled to express my opinion on here and I have done so in a mature manner. You quite clearly are aware of the fact that this is a tense issue and you perhaps shouldn't be receiving it whilst others arn't and maybe thats why you are getting so worked up... I just think we all should, or no-one should. If you are too ignorant to accept my opinion and just want to believe in your own - then go ahead but it is your problem.
    Last edited by Ostinato; 28-09-2007 at 03:10 PM.
    Ostinato...

+3

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post
    Edit: Also people are saying they "earn EMA". Sorry - but you don't earn it, you go to school/college and do the exact same thing I do so why the hell should you be classed as earning it and I shouldn't?
    I actually do earn it, as i said i dont go college and we've already gone down this road on the other thread, but here we go again.

i work at placements, Dobbies (Field to kitchen) right now, this means i'll be working for them at least 4-5 months on nothing but EMA, this is pretty much FREE labour for the company and i only get EMA and not Min Wage, which is a bummer, but while im at the placement i'll be doing my NVQ Level 1/2/3 along with City & Guilds level 1/2 in maths.

By rights i should be paied by Dobbie's however its still classed as "studying" so i dont get paid only EMA, so dont blame me for getting EMA.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And my mum and dad have a 4 month old boy to look after - but they manage it. :rolleyes:

Well mine dont. As you've just said, your Mum is highly qualified. My Mum is now unable to do the job she was qualified for, so is now stuck at Tesco. My Dad, yeah, he has a well payed job, but my Mums lack of income doesn't make ends meet.

Im going deep into my private life here, but we nearly lost our house once, because my family couldn't pay back there loan. I, aswell as using my EMA to help out with little costs, I also am out, working and trying to pay my own way.

Ostinatio, in the thread, you have actually disgusted me, I know you have the right to your opinion, but it absolutly disgusts me.

OSTINATO - YOUR REVENAGE REP, IS ALSO, IMMATURE. I TOOK OFFENCE AT THE POINT YOU SAID, STATING YOUR MOTHER HAD THE MOTIVATION TO GO OUT TO UNI. IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE SOME POINT ABOUT MY FAMILY. IF YOUR GOING TO REVENGE REP, I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU DESERVE YOUR POSITION AS HABBOX STAFF
    Last edited by Frodo13.; 28-09-2007 at 03:14 PM.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He is simply stating the general stereotype of the person whos parents receive EMA - which you may or may not fall under...

Edit: Frodo the reputation you have left me is so immature it is unbelievable. Just because I feel you get EMA and others dont is unfair you -rep me saying I have offended you and all this crap? Where have I implied that your family are slackers? Outline to me exactly where in my posts I have offended you please.

I am entitled to express my opinion on here and I have done so in a mature manner. You quite clearly are aware of the fact that this is a tense issue and you perhaps shouldn't be receiving it whilst others arn't and maybe thats why you are getting so worked up... I just think we all should, or no-one should. If you are too ignorant to accept my opinion and just want to believe in your own - then go ahead but it is your problem.

What this young man has said is your answer to your question. What i would have said.

I'm here and there :8

Tokens

And i just got paid for my wow account. 750$ Very nice. GG

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He is allowed to express his view which he is doing, your taking it the wrong way.

I personally let it go straight past me as i know me and him could moan about EMA all day long.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well mine dont. As you've just said, your Mum is highly qualified. My Mum is now unable to do the job she was qualified for, so is now stuck at Tesco. My Dad, yeah, he has a well payed job, but my Mums lack of income doesn't make ends meet.

Im going deep into my private life here, but we nearly lost our house once, because my family couldn't pay back there loan. I, aswell as using my EMA to help out with little costs, I also am out, working and trying to pay my own way.

Ostinatio, in the thread, you have actually disgusted me, I know you have the right to your opinion, but it absolutly disgusts me.
    Why? Because I am describing something that effects you? If that's the case Frodo then you really aren't going to get far int he world if every time someone criticises something which in some way relates to you to burst out in tears pal.

I think you need to stop being so narrow minded and realise that not everyone does share the same beliefs as you - and relative to this situation I do not believe the EMA is a fair system, which you obviously do.

You are the one who has went into personal details etc. not me by saying about your family situation and stuff. I asked you to outline where exactly I insulted you but, unsurprisingly, you were unable to do so.

Sorry but I am simply speaking my mind here and have never once personally insulted you in any way - if you disagree then I'm afraid... tough.

I have said on numerous occasions I understand some people really do need extra money and that is fair enough - but there are certain aspects the system does not even consider and therefore although others parents may earn more than the set threshold, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting gave wads of cash when they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    He is allowed to express his view which he is doing, your taking it the wrong way.

I personally let it go straight past me as i know me and him could moan about EMA all day long.
    Haha exactly!

I am not trying to personally insult anyone here, I am simply expressing my own individual views on this issue. Thank god you are able to realise not everyone is going to agree with you and you can therefore accept my opinion and deal with it in the way you wish. Likewise I know this is a topic which I could highly debate upon for a long time - and debating is something I do enjoy doing.

Frodo, the only advice I can really give you is do not get involved in such a debate if you are going to take every opinion that isn't the same as yours personally and are emotionally unstable in order to put up a well constructed, defensive argument.
    Last edited by Ostinato; 28-09-2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Ostinato...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

I know he is allowed his opinion, which I have given him, but Im reading between the lines of his posts, and the impression I am getting from them is that of rudeness, and unfairness.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast