HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

i doubt habbox will still be around in 2010

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tomo4 View Post
    Spot on.

What is the point of wasting the US taxpayers money on a skyscraper that would be deemed more of a target than its predessesor?

It's irrelivent if they have already built buildings like WTC7, as I'm guessing that they arn't the height of what the old WTC centre(s) were so therefore they would be as much of a target.
    The new WTC7 is just as tall as the previous WTC7. Plus, they wouldnt rebuild it if it wasnt safe.

Quote Originally Posted by @xP View Post
    Sounds good.

They need to sort out safety procedures though.
    The building itself had to go through several redesigns to make sure it was as safe as it could be. Of course they have gone through every possibility that could happen to the building. They do this professionally, they arent 14.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    I'm sure they'll be ironed out. There are other buildings in new york just as big as the WTCs. Making a smaller version will be giving into the terrorists.
    Exactly. It would be like saying "Youve destroyed our buildings, and we arent going to do anything about it. You win". Rebuilding it is saying "Youve destroyed our buildings, but we are staying strong and we arent going to let it wreck our community".

Quote Originally Posted by mattmeister View Post
    i doubt habbox will still be around in 2010
    Dont lie pls.

------

Anyway, the previous World Trade Center there was 6 buildings all on one site, and the 7th across the street. This time its just going to be The Freedom Tower (WTC1) on the main site aswell as a memorial garden, with footprints of its predecessors. Aswell as a museum kinda thing. And WTC6, the PATH station.

WTC 2, 3 and 4 are going to built across from that on a seperate street, and WTC5 will be on another seperate street and WTC7 is already on a seperate street. So its a bit more spread out. One of the resons all of the buildings were destroyed in the attacks is because of falling debris, and the towers collapsing onto them.
    Sammeth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

At everyone saying we shouldn't rebuild etc, it will happen again.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned the state of airport security and how it has improved so much since '01..
    The Freedom Tower looks amazing from it's sketches, i'd love to see it when it's finished.

Tokens
    Habbo
    DeejayMachoo

Latest Awards:

it wont happen again as soph said also better building strcture?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12