HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is a great trick I did this, when they "nip" you hook your index finger behind the large pointy tooth and play a gentle tug of war, do this for a few weeks to get the dog into the cycle, then get a tug toy and hook it behind both teeth and play with that and eventually they stop. You can get some good tug toys with tennis balls and stuff on which are made of special materials that dogs can chew easily so thats also a bonus to discourage this.

I dont personally believe in "training" dogs. I treat my dog like a person to be honest because I dont think its natural to treat a dog like a soldier. My dog is well behaved. Statistics show that training dogs (using methods such as punishment and puppy classes) is only effective 46% of the time. I think there are much better ways of treating a dog. It also creates a nice environment for the dog were the dog feels comfortable and not scared.
    Last edited by :Liam; 23-10-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 088 View Post
    Treat it like a child.
    Make it sit in its basket and although it may require alot of work, it will eventually learn that if it bites you it will have to go to its basket which it wont like then hopefully wont bite you.

Breastfeed it?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 088 View Post
    Treat it like a child.
    Make it sit in its basket and although it may require alot of work, it will eventually learn that if it bites you it will have to go to its basket which it wont like then hopefully wont bite you.
    If it didn't like it's basket then where would it sleep?
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Liam View Post
    This is a great trick I did this, when they "nip" you hook your index finger behind the large pointy tooth and play a gentle tug of war, do this for a few weeks to get the dog into the cycle, then get a tug toy and hook it behind both teeth and play with that and eventually they stop. You can get some good tug toys with tennis balls and stuff on which are made of special materials that dogs can chew easily so thats also a bonus to discourage this.

I dont personally believe in "training" dogs. I treat my dog like a person to be honest because I dont think its natural to treat a dog like a soldier. My dog is well behaved. Statistics show that training dogs (using methods such as punishment and puppy classes) is only effective 46% of the time. I think there are much better ways of treating a dog. It also creates a nice environment for the dog were the dog feels comfortable and not scared.
    If you start playing tug of war with him then he'll start playing tug of war with clothes and stuff you care about.

And if you don't train a dog then they wont sit, come, or do any tricks.

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Please do not multiple post, Simply edit your previous post.
    Last edited by mat64; 24-10-2007 at 08:24 PM.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

hold treats in your hand or something and if he/she bites dont give the treat, once he/she backs away give them the treat and say good boy/girl

My dog had a thing about chewing the kitchen floor. We just let her do the full floor and then she stopped once it was all gone (obv lol)

For some reason, when puppies nibble you with there milk teeth it makes me laught lol :p

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Roboevil View Post
    Hit her on her nose when you punish her. They don't like it--she'll probably hate you for a bit, but she'll stop.
    you should never hit a dog. Just clap your hands in front of their face, give them a fright, BUT DON'T HIT THEM.
    I feel sorry for robo's dog.
    Still too young to fail
    Too scared to sail away
    One of these days, I'll grow old
    and I'll grow grey
    One of these days

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by --Pwned View Post
    If you start playing tug of war with him then he'll start playing tug of war with clothes and stuff you care about.

And if you don't train a dog then they wont sit, come, or do any tricks.
    Why does a dog need to do "tricks". My dog sits/lies/paw when you tell him to but no one trained him all you have to do is hold out a buiscut and he will sit and give you his paw. You dont need to treat a dog like a circus animal. You show the dog to play tough of war with your finger then with toys, If you make sure he/she always has a nice tug toy then they will only tug that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My dog never teethed on me, what breed is it a Stafford didn't teeth me lol

Made by chrisuk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JustGotIngoe'D View Post
    My dog never teethed on me, what breed is it a Stafford didn't teeth me lol
    yee, i've had staffies before - I don't think they really mouth ;s - good thing too, it would hurt lol.

oh, she's like a collie-husky-chow mix, a bit of everything lol.

and thanks everyone :}

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well if it was a boy then I'd say have it's bittles goneded. thats what the vet done to my nans dog when he was like that :/

tight bums

anyhoo..

Don't give it toys, it'll think "AHA! I keep biting, she'll buy me toys yay" if it bites you then you know like a flash bottle or something? Fill it with water and spray it, dogs HATE it. She'll know not to do it.

Just make sure it's not Flash you're spraying, if not fill a bottle or something with stones and if she bites you rattle the bottle so the stones make a noise, she'll hate it.

Thats what they done to my nans dog anyway.. he's really nice now. Used to bite all the time..

oh and in the mean time, when she bites. fold your arms. she'll get the jist.
    Last edited by myke; 30-10-2007 at 02:15 PM.

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast