HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default East London Fire - 2012 Olympics Effected.

A massive plume of black smoke has spread over London from a large warehouse fire on the site for the 2012 Olympics.

Smoke is visible across London

Firefighters have confirmed the smoke contains asbestos. People with respiratory conditions have been advised to stay indoors.
    An investigation into the cause is underway, but early indications are it is an accident rather than arson.
    The fire on the western edge of the Olympic Park, near Stratford, in the east of the capital, was tackled by at least 75 firefighters.
    London Fire Brigade Assistant Commissioner Dave Brown said: "There was asbestos reported and large plumes of smoke, but the fire brigade acted very quickly to suppress the plumes of smoke and help local residents."
    "The investigation into the cause is still ongoing and not thought to be suspicious."

No casualties have been reported.
    Hundreds of workers were evacuated from nearby buildings.
    The bright weather conditions meant the huge black cloud was visible over large areas of London.
    Paul Hallam, 50, a production worker at a nearby printing firm, saw the fire take hold.
    He said: "There were flames coming about 100ft high in the end. The whole of that building, about the size of a football pitch, went up. We could feel the heat through the glass."
    Dr Keith Prowse, chairman of the British Lung Foundation, said: "It's not clear what the smoke fumes or particles contain.
    Huge blaze near Stratford

"We would, however, advise anyone in the area who has a respiratory condition to stay indoors as the smoke could cause them problems."
    The centre of the fire was in a disused building off Waterden Road, which was about to be demolished as part of the 2012 Games.
    The high-speed Channel Tunnel rail link runs nearby.
    A Eurostar spokesman said the incident has not affected the new High Speed One line, which will begin carrying European services on Wednesday.
    There has been no disruption to flights from nearby London City Airport.
    Firefighters are expected to be on site overnight to ensure the fire is damped down properly due to the possibility of hot spots flaring up.
    Currently 20 traveller families live at Waterden Crescent off Waterden Road. They are due to be moved as their site is in the Olympic Park.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I BET IT WAS THAT CASSIDY JEWSON LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

How strange, if it was that I think it could be arson even though the police don't think it is...

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I hope the Olympics fail, it'll embaress the government and serve them right for using millions of taxpayer money to fund this stupid event which will be no use to us what so ever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I hope the Olympics fail, it'll embaress the government and serve them right for using millions of taxpayer money to fund this stupid event which will be no use to us what so ever.
    Agreed.

I bet it was them dirty gypsies tbh...
    Last edited by Technologic; 13-11-2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Wow, Your not proud to be British then are you?

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samsta.

Latest Awards:

What matt then.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    How are the Olympic Games related to being British? Nice try but that just failed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

tbh when i heard this on the news i was like. hmmm about time someone attempted ruining the olympics for us. i agree it wont do our country any good. most likely just cause congestion for the 2 week period and stuff
    Joined Habbox for the first time on the 29-10-2005 // Joined Habbox for the second time on the 08-10-2006 // Joined Habbox for the third time on the 30-09-2007 // Became a Habbox Writer on the 26-11-2007 // Became a Senior Habbox Writer on the 07-02-2008 // Left Habbox 01-07-2008 // Came back to habbox on 23-08-2008 // Became a Writer again on the 27-08-2008 // Became a Trialist Content Designer on the 22-09-08 // Left Habbox on the 30-09-08

Tokens

Latest Awards:

haha i agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner View Post
    its not a good thing to be proud to be british.. england is on its **** to be frank with you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast