HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Yeah Asia is awful for Piracy like you said, apparently the statistic is similar for legal versions of Windows in China, only a few percentage are legitimate - Microsoft don't care as it's out of hand now and at the end of the day, they know what 'Microsoft Windows' is, it's free advertising.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Who can sue the goverment? Like.. who sued china?? the people who made the records?

If you have any queries or questions, just PM me!

:eusa_thin

Tokens

Am I the only one laughing at the term Pirates?

Anyway my friend gets all her DVDs from her grandma who lives in China so its probs right.
    "..."

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

China are very lucky lately, first there connection went, then bad snow and now this.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    China is being used over music piracy. The International Federation believes that 99% of music files in china are pirated.

Thats a shocking big number especially since the Chinese population is so big.

Thoughts?
    haha, 99% is crazy!

i wonder why this was only discovered recently?

Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sam View Post
    the big 3 console company's make their money from the games so I doubt the initial prices will drop, They lose a lot of money on the consoles even though they seem to be highly priced.
    But if they do crack down it'll currently help the music industry who are suffering from people illegally downloading.
    Yeah however the PS3 and x360 make more from games than the Wii does. Piracy on the Wii is insaine. People buy genuine games for the x360 for online purposes (you can get banned when caught - and you can get caught pretty easily mind you). PS3 uses bluray which hasn't been cracked as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I think the prices would go up, with less competition from the Priates, then sellers could put their prices at whatever they want, as they are the only place you can buy them from
    That would be the opposite affect I was mentioning and yes that is possible.

@REDNECK - I don't think it was discovered recently. I think they just decided to act on it now though. So many of these institute don't work very well IMO. Justice systems in USA are crap too.
    Last edited by ---MAD---; 05-02-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    ---MAD---

Tokens

Latest Awards:

China = copies galore. My friend is Chinese, he tells me stories of piracy... music, games, DVD's - everything is shared. Now, you probably never see Chinese sites, do you? We all view English and other sites that we can understand... but Chinese sites are like it's own internet, only used by the Chinese.

I asked my friend for something I couldn't find on ANY English torrent sites, he found it on the Chinese site...

Then again in China, games cost nothing. My friend said a game costs around 50 cent, in pennies that's less than 50p.

Crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12