HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zamin

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Firefox View Post
    I got my V Bulletin for free
    How did you manage that ?
    2013 yay

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My opinion is that IPB is much nicer and user friendly. As the My Controls page is just like the User CP in vB but its nicer and has more features.

Also the Admin CP is much easier and nicer to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I like that tutorial but these days there are allot of auto installers like Fantastico that do it for you. That should help some beginners though.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by opensourcehost View Post
    I like that tutorial but these days there are allot of auto installers like Fantastico that do it for you. That should help some beginners though.
    DONT BUMP

THIS GUIDE HELPED ME ALOT THANKS

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please don't remind users they have broken the rules.
    Last edited by Yoshimitsui; 08-10-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hey there,

i've rescently purchased a VB license, and i need it installing, i have so far been unable to install it, as i dont have the know-how,

If any one is able to install, i would be willing to pay a couple of quid for installation.

Thanks,
    Tim.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Awesome guide, thanks!

Tokens

What is The Best Because I know smf is easy to setup but i just dont know what is the best

Exclamation SMF

My first forum was PHPBB, which was version 2 (They're now on V3). I think it's fairly good, but at the time you had to install mods manually (edit files yourself), which again, was okay, but time consuming.

I switched to SMF because I liked the look and feel of it more. Also the mods were far easier to install, as they were automated. (Okay, you have to edit files sometimes, but it's still easier).

There are about the same amount of mods for both SMF and PHPBB forums, so it's really down to personal choice between them.

I thought about VBulletin, but didn't see the point of paying for something when both PHPBB and SMF were available for free, and just have just as good functionality.

For installation, just about any host now has CPanel, and you can use Fantastico to automatically install a SMF or PHPBB forum (as well as lots of other stuff, like Wordpress, galleries and so on). VB isn't there as it's paid.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456