HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

The only thing tables are good for anymore is pure data, usually driven by a database, I only ever use them once or twice a page, usually I do everything in divs, usually for the sake of CSS.

G'night

:': Charles Kirk
    :': CEO
    :': CodeeTech
    How could this hapen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

This Should Be Stickied... It Could Help Alot Of People!

+rep

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    Div's > Tables
    Incorrect. You try and code divs to hold tabular information In terms of usability tables are much greater. Although it is 'frowned' upon to use tables for layout purposes, they still offer more in the ways of usage

Tokens

Can i ask why you have stuck it in here? :s put it in the tutorials part.
    Publishing free website designs, watch this space!
    Total number of designs published: 0
    Current work in progress: Landscape Design

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    Can i ask why you have stuck it in here? :s put it in the tutorials part.
    I didn't sticky it... An admin did it so I don't think i'm allowed to move it .

This guide took me several days to type up

Tokens

Oh no im not saying its not good its just its in the wrong forum lol, plus stickies sort of get in the way here
    Publishing free website designs, watch this space!
    Total number of designs published: 0
    Current work in progress: Landscape Design

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    Oh no im not saying its not good its just its in the wrong forum lol, plus stickies sort of get in the way here
    Well like I said an admin stickied it , Threads cannot be made in the tutorial sections , they have to be moved their if worthy but it seems they thought it would be better stickied so lets leave it the way it is .
    (Smods are not allowed to edit/change other Smods+ actions )

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    Most people know how to code in table (Well they know how to make an program to do it for them) but they don't realise that div's is basically the same but gives an better result .
    Nice tutorial, very well layed-out and easy to follow, although I have a couple of things to mention...

1) Shouldn't this be in the Web designing tutorials section instead of stickied in the Web Development forum?

2) For me personally, DIVs tend to cause me a LOT more stress than tables due to silly spacing issues and problems such as that... Also, when it comes to fluid layouts generally I end up using tables somewhere because they won't 'break' if the browser window is resized.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptz View Post
    Nice tutorial, very well layed-out and easy to follow, although I have a couple of things to mention...

1) Shouldn't this be in the Web designing tutorials section instead of stickied in the Web Development forum?

2) For me personally, DIVs tend to cause me a LOT more stress than tables due to silly spacing issues and problems such as that... Also, when it comes to fluid layouts generally I end up using tables somewhere because they won't 'break' if the browser window is resized.
    As already said I did not sticky this , an admin did , I'm guessing they though it would be better of stikied than moved to the sub section as alot of people do ask for tutorials like this

For some weird reason tables confuse me and I really don't understand how people can code big layouts with them (By code I mean actually type it out by scratch instead of getting dream weaver to do it for you)

I don't actually understand what you mean break the browser/ stretch it as it can easily be solved by putting the div's into one main container div , Just like I have done here
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=451601

Tokens

Its a personal preference really, some people uses tables, some people use divs.

Although tables are meant for "data", not coding layouts.

Tables

Tables are defined with the <table> tag. A table is divided into rows (with the <tr> tag), and each row is divided into data cells (with the <td> tag). The letters td stands for "table data," which is the content of a data cell. A data cell can contain text, images, lists, paragraphs, forms, horizontal rules, tables, etc.
    I guess if you wanted to code a layout in tables, your choice, but its not really meant for that

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast