HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks Alex for what you wrote, but i disagree with a few of your points. Peep Show doesnt have contained episodes, the storyline develops throught the series. And I think you need to say some things about technical codes...
    goodbye.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Alex, (Wezzy B one!) Do you do Media?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Xarea

Latest Awards:

Wow Prof - you seem to have written almost intirely different things to me... your essay seems really different to me. You seem to dive into loads and loads of information, and not say some of the key features - ie. the length (23-24 minutes on commerical television, 28-20 on the BBC), what actually a sitcom properly is, what comic strategies are used etc.

I think you've done a great job, but I think me and you are on totally different lines! My essay is broken down into 8 sections for Task One:

i. Introduction (Core information, length, Hancock's Half Hour etc.)
    ii. Characters, Setting & Design
    iii. Problems and Stereotypes
    iv. Being Trapped and Comic Strategies
    v. Titles
    vi. Extensions of the Comedian in the Past
    vii. Minority Groups
    viii. Millennium Cult Sitcoms & Conclusion
    eek.

Tokens

[quote=Professor-Alex;4729257]Had the first part of the exam this afternoon, the second one on Thursday. Got really bad writer's cramp from using a biro, I usually use an ink pen which takes half as much effort to use For anyone who still hasn't done 1 & 2 for whatever reason:

You seem really good. I had mine today, my mind went blank throughout question two, but managed to get 6 pages for 1. I hope to finish two tomorrow, although I'm guessing i'm going to run out of time as I have the other two questions .. damn.

Tokens

I seem to have done mine entirly different to you also. I broke mine down in terms of "Key Concepts" and "Conventions", (for question 1) and throughout it, quoted examples and characters and went through the history.. For question 2 however I have written about reality television, americanisation, timeless sitcoms, bad attempts, failure, alternative channels and being able to relate.
    Last edited by missdelaney; 14-05-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by [ALEX] View Post
    Thanks Alex for what you wrote, but i disagree with a few of your points. Peep Show doesnt have contained episodes, the storyline develops throught the series. And I think you need to say some things about technical codes...
    No idea what a technical code is I can sort of only write about what I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Olleh View Post
    Wow Prof - you seem to have written almost intirely different things to me... your essay seems really different to me. You seem to dive into loads and loads of information, and not say some of the key features - ie. the length (23-24 minutes on commerical television, 28-20 on the BBC), what actually a sitcom properly is, what comic strategies are used etc.

I think you've done a great job, but I think me and you are on totally different lines! My essay is broken down into 8 sections for Task One:

i. Introduction (Core information, length, Hancock's Half Hour etc.)
    ii. Characters, Setting & Design
    iii. Problems and Stereotypes
    iv. Being Trapped and Comic Strategies
    v. Titles
    vi. Extensions of the Comedian in the Past
    vii. Minority Groups
    viii. Millennium Cult Sitcoms & Conclusion
    Completely different approach, will probably get more marks tbh I think I might have focused on the "how they've changed over time" a bit much by giving a sort of timeline thing, but I sort of included the key points of a sitcom and all that in the detail. I think Its such an open ended question though, "show us what you know about sitcoms" can literally cover anything...

Quote Originally Posted by missdelaney View Post

You seem really good. I had mine today, my mind went blank throughout question two, but managed to get 6 pages for 1. I hope to finish two tomorrow, although I'm guessing i'm going to run out of time as I have the other two questions .. damn.
    Thanks Yeah, I'd suggest only giving yourself 10 mins max or so to finish question 2 or you'll run out of time. The storyboard looks a bit time consuming...

Second part of the exam tomorrow! I can't draw, so thats 25 marks gone on the storyboard thing

Tokens

Don't worry, I was listening to a Podcast on the Colins website. Artistic mesures don't get you marks, it's more of the angle you write, matching the image you draw. i.e; if you draw a close up, don't write long shot. Second part of mine tomorrow also, working on it at the minute haha.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Xarea

Latest Awards:

Stick men are perfectly fine - allowed, but you need to put facial expression on them.
    eek.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

why don't you spend more time revising a more important subject lol >.>

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Omg how did you manage to scan it?
    your school must be slack? :S
    I love it when you
    flex like that

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast