HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

glasvegas are crap for a start, nme are so wrong on there. i read nme regurlarly, but i do disagree with them sometimes. plus there's so many staff, that sometimes they'll be raving on about a band (for instance crystal castles) but in the same issue another writer will be totally slating them in a single review.

same with pitchfork though, some stuff that they hype (such as HEALTH, vampire weekend) is excellent, but some of it isn't very good (hercules and love affair wasn't 9/10+ material in my opinion). i also think they're a bit harsh on british indie.

& people have to accept that, like emo, indie has a different meaning these days. yes i know it's supposed to mean independent music, but the definition has evolved recently.
    i think i can i think i can i think i

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd have to say i like NME and the music given the 'indie' label nowadays. Yeah, alot of it is similar, but at the same time alot of the bands are different. It's just finding the right bands.
    (h)(h)(h)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stuff like Vampire Weekend and Foals (they aren't that good - many people just like it cause they wear the same clothes and they look a bit different) I can't stand - but I seriously love CSS and a few others that NME ocassionally cover. I really hate stuff like Dirty Pretty Things and The Cribs (apart from Hey Scenesters) also. Yuck Yuck.
    goodbye.

Tokens

vampire weekend and foals are brilliant! so are dirty pretty things and the cribs. i don't like them cos they look a bit different :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ahh i like some of Dirty Pretty Things and i love The Cribs.
    I won't usually listen to the foals and vampire weekend isn't too bad.
    (h)(h)(h)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I so agree with indie, it takes no skill whatever and its a bunch of poofs who sing in northern accents lol.

metal is the way to go

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Andys View Post
    I so agree with indie, it takes no skill whatever and its a bunch of poofs who sing in northern accents lol.

metal is the way to go
    not really? if making 'indie' music takes no skill then neither does metal, it's just some ******s smashing guitars and screaming so you can't understand what the **** they're saying.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by [ALEX] View Post
    Stuff like Vampire Weekend and Foals (they aren't that good - many people just like it cause they wear the same clothes and they look a bit different) I can't stand - but I seriously love CSS and a few others that NME ocassionally cover. I really hate stuff like Dirty Pretty Things and The Cribs (apart from Hey Scenesters) also. Yuck Yuck.
    who gives a **** what they look like? foals look absolutely awful, they cut each others hair, but their album is one of my favourite's this year. i tend to listen to bands rather than look at them when judging whether i like them.
    & the cribs are excellent, amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andys View Post

metal is the way to go
    wow, you suck.
    i think i can i think i can i think i

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Today, "indie" is the style and sound rather than being independent. Like since "emo" became trendy a few years back, it has a totally different meaning to what it had when it was created over 30 years ago; now it's just a fashion fad.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Haha.

Foals just annoy me, not really that special, though i can see why people do like their music - metal, i don't really like either. I don't really know what I like, what it's classed as. But NME's elitist stance sucks - and I hate people who live by it, NME highjack bands as said before.

Merged by samsaBEAR (Forum Moderator). Double post due to forum lag.
    Last edited by samsaBEAR; 25-06-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Forum Lag
    goodbye.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast