HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by [ALEX] View Post
    i was under the impression that if you didn't need to really study further maths unless you were studying maths at uni.
    Yeahh that's why I'm still undecided between FM and normal maths because I don't plan to study maths, so if I was to take FM it would only because it well looks better. But I am swaying more to normal maths because I'm taking biology, chemistry and theatre studies as well so I know they will require alot of my time and work also (yes even theatre studies LOL, gcse drama was so time consuming, so I expect TS to be more so).

I take it everyone here doing maths is most likely taking science subjects as well?
    Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature that exceed the 150 Pixel height limit for your usergroup.

Tokens

A small amount of universities have required Further Maths for Engineering, mainly Electrical Engineering; which is generally Applied Physics and Applied Maths in a more practical approach.

However, for subjects such as Physics, Computer Science and others Further Maths is on many prospectuses as preferred but not required, the difficulty depends on your ability with maths and what modules you do, FP1 I found was quite easy like C1-C2 style, and I did further mechanics and D1/D2 which some people struggle on because of their content.

Tokens

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
    A small amount of universities have required Further Maths for Engineering, mainly Electrical Engineering; which is generally Applied Physics and Applied Maths in a more practical approach.

However, for subjects such as Physics, Computer Science and others Further Maths is on many prospectuses as preferred but not required, the difficulty depends on your ability with maths and what modules you do, FP1 I found was quite easy like C1-C2 style, and I did further mechanics and D1/D2 which some people struggle on because of their content.
    I see, I want to do an Economics/Business Finance related degree or a Dual honours degree which is Maths & Economics hopefully at a good university and I think F.Maths will help me greatly but some Universitys don't ask for F.Maths. So I am still deciding!

I also see you a from Greater Manchester, where abouts?

Thanks

Amit

Tokens

well i got 1s (scottish equivilent of like A*s) all through standard grade maths (scottish equivilent of GCSE) then did Higher (equivilent of A level) & it was my lowest grade, only got a C

but to be fair could have something to do with the 50% attendance/the fact that i was doing 4 other subjects.
    was easily the hardest out of all of them for me though, and at Standard grade i found it like the easiest.
    katy perry (L)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

well, i may be doing further maths at AS and from friends who do it i wouldn't say its that hard, as long as you enjoy AS maths you'll be fine.

You'll do a second module to your applied module so i'll be doing D2, (just learning things i assume)

Further Pure 1 (this will be the biggest step - although C3/C4 work will help)

and first module in other applied, i'm doing M1 (links in greatly with my physics)

if you choose further maths, you can't do it until doing AT LEAST AS IN Maths, as you'd just fail badly, i will be doing A2 Maths alongside AS further maths

pm me if you wana discuss properlyyyyyyyyy
    or pm me on student forum

as far as im aware, further maths is only necessary if your looking at doing a maths degree at a decent university, quote me if im wrong, but if your doing a NON-maths related degree at oxbridge they won't accept maths and further maths as 2 A Levels due to the great overlap, and will class them as one (ONLY FOR NON-MATHS degrees)
    Last edited by Soka; 24-07-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
    Muhammad Ali

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123