Quote Originally Posted by babooska View Post
At the moment, the main incentive is to fix bugs and ensure that the site is efficient and safe to protect our users and make their experience more enjoyable. Naturally, this is a long winded process with lots of testing and listening to feedback from the general public.

People don't work for free unfortunately, we have some interns that come in occasionally to help out but when we're growing it's important to get investment from companies to bring in cash to pay for these developers and designers so our work production is much faster. As has already been mentioned we have one key designer and 4 other coders that produce the site.

Myspace and Facebook are inevitably going to have a large development team. Myspace has over 100 million registered users... we have just over 400,000. They're also going to have more disposable income through advertisement and investment when compared to our site which is just reaching the mark at which ad agencies would be interested in working with companies on our behalf to get advertisements within the site to raise revenue. Then, as other investors see our platform and the development work behind it they too are becoming more interested within the site, its shares and future within the social networking and mobile networking industry.

As has been stated on numerous occasions, bug fixes are in place and are being developed right this moment ready for both the live version of the site and the BETA launch of our fixed up site shortly. Combine this with an apology e-mail that's being set up in regards to the bugs and user experience recently. I am however lucky that our members have remained loyal to the website and our innovative ideas. Especially in a market where user loyalty is extremely low.

We're also lucky to have Nick and Greg onboard who are dedicating a lot of their time and made a huge move down to the midlands.

I was made aware of this forum and it has helped me organise the team for bug fixes however, it would be much appreciated if you took Calums offer up and sent us a list of bugs that you have found because we appreciate the time you have took to find the bugs within the site. It makes our site a lot cleaner and more efficient which is good for an all round experience. I'll be out of the office during next week but if you send me an e-mail with anything you may find i'd be happy to schedule it all in as I probably won't have time to check this forum.

I would also welcome you with open arms into our BETA site if you'd like to test it all out.

Our to-do list is web managed privately but we do have a report a bug feature and you could also drop me an e-mail at [email protected] if you'd like to make me aware of anything you have found so I can schedule it in. Cracking the whip with Greg and Nick at the moment.
Well thats just shut us all up hasnt it . Finally you are listening to our feedback which is great to hear. We don't post your bugs/errors to laugh at the site, we post them so they can fixed to secure Youmeo. There has obviously been a huge ammount of effort and work put into the CURRENT site in the way of design and standard coding but unfortunately before nick, just the old system. Now you have a dedicated team of employees I really think you should all crack on with getting the current site fixed first then work on BETA. To me, the current site is fundemental to be fixed as your current users are logging on to a few minor errors (most have been fixed). I for one wish you all the best with youmeo as it's pretty clear it has a lot of potential.