HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Default Youmeo, the new leaf.

As most of you well know I've been shouted at and abused because I mentioned Youmeo often when I was in this section. Mostly because the site itself was bloody awful in terms of system and general design. So just going to use this thread to inform you of things we have done to turn this around.

On the 13th July we finally got an inhouse coder, one that many of you will know from Habbo. Blueprints has now joined us in Coventry to be a fulltime coder, he owned Hab-World.com and MaunteBeach. The benefit of inhouse (and a coder with a high ability) is the fact things get discussed and produced so much faster. Nick has already recieved good mail about his work on the current Youmeo.

Main thing is Nick and myself decided to overhaul the ENTIRE site so we can get it 100% secure, working faster, better features that work and a design which is cleaner and more colourful. We've been at it since Thursday morning now and have done a lot (we were both working till 9am this morning). What I'm going to show you is the new homepage which sense by giving a guest the option to register or login as soon as they see the site. Registering has been cut down to just what is on the homepage, so you no longer have to fill out loads of information. The navigation has also been changed to display appropriate links for which ever usergroup the user is.

I'll stop rambling on now, as I'll probably get flamed for it. Just so people can actually see we're working extremely hard getting the site perfect.

Here's a preview of the new homepage, I will post more as the pages get completed - just one of two bugs to fix before I want to show them;

*** The reason it's a photograph is to prevent people copying and pasting, you know what people are like. ***

Got Twitter?
    If you have Twitter you can follow updates as they happen by going to www.twitter.com/youmeo. Nick and myself have Twitterific open 24/7 ready to post
    Last edited by Klydo; 20-07-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Youmeo - Your Social Reunion
    You can follow development at Twitter & visually at Flickr!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I like it and Callum is doing fantastic hiring better staff :]

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

That looks nice, but didn't you say there would be more colour? I see its just the signup page but some colour would be nice

Good luck with the new style and I love the name

cake

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjake View Post
    That looks nice, but didn't you say there would be more colour? I see its just the signup page but some colour would be nice

Good luck with the new style and I love the name
    That page actually is really colourful, just the camera dulls it down. I did mean the actual control pages in Your Home, which before were pure grey.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You could just remove the URL from the toolbar?

Tokens

Looks great! Finally you can have the system fully coded and get the site setup to a decent standard. Well done and goodluck.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    Huh...?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    He didnt want to post a direct screenshot as people can steal images that way...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looks good Greg

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    He didnt want to post a direct screenshot as people can steal images that way...
    Oh, and probably cause' it's a huge file to paste.

Looks good, but not too keen on the people

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast