HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by iTech View Post
    LOL!!

Anyway aren't you the fat ginger kid who Darren doesn't like?

Nope. Hahah.

& That image, the focus is on the blade of grass, showing the loch in the background.

iJoe, my PTC site is still running, aswell as this.
    I just haven't made a post in that thread for ages.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you want advanced critique why are you on a forum full of teenagers?

I'm sure you can get better advice on photography forums that have professionals on it.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    If you want advanced critique why are you on a forum full of teenagers?

I'm sure you can get better advice on photography forums that have professionals on it.

Good point. Haha.

Update:
    Been offered free advertising in return for the company to use some of my images.

DarrenToogood Guest

Here is my two pence:

John Williams is jealous of my business, Bright Wight Images. He is now in partnership with Josh Harris, the guy who gave out my FTP details to John (who put pron onto the site). They are following me around events (fair do's, free world) however also contacting local photographers, trying to turn the attention away from Bright Wight Images (stealing my business).

As you can see, the name is very similar to mine, and I expect my name has played a role within the creation of their name. The sites are the same, because the site is a free script. I have had an offer from a local photographer/web developer, who is going to make me a new website based on the current one, however in HTML. This will allow me to interact with my visitors a little more and provide more information.

One argument that myself and Pure Wight Photography keep having, is about the quality of the images. According to John Williams, I am infact 'jealous' - I do not see how I am jealous, of the low quality images which Pure Wight Photography display. I do believe that John Williams is getting jealously and pitty mixed up. I do infact feel sorry for PWP, because when they turn up for events, the clients will not take them seriously as 'official photographers' with the point and shoot camera they have. It angers me a lot, that they believe they can steal my clients with this sort of quality image:

Do not get me wrong - point and shoot cameras can be great, however the images you display are not. I have to be direct here, in saying that the images displayed, are infact poor quality. I have seen a few more people post in this thread the same thing, however John Williams can not see this.

PWP are displaying a very jealous behaviour towards Bright Wight Images, however BWI will continue with the planned events, and will not let a little 'competition' (if I can call it that?) get in the way. It is also clear that PWP are jealous, by posting to the same selected group of people, and referring to myself and BWI within that post. Such jealously continues, by getting t-shirts printed with their 'business' name. This is continuing from an idea I had already developed and discussed. I hope you can all see my point of view on this matter. I have spoken to a lot of local photographers, who do agree with me, and will be supporting me through this time. I have also discussed the matter with world class photographers, who I have been working with for the past 3 days, who suggest that I do not worry about PWP, as they display no competition towards me, in terms of quality.

In response to the above post, please could you confirm this local 'company' which will use your images. If it is the Society for the Blind, then you have a winner there!
    Last edited by DarrenToogood; 09-08-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sorry but your images are not good llololol.

Go Darren & his site.

(Wow, i never thought i would hear that!)
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenToogood View Post
    Here is my two pence:

John Williams is jealous of my business, Bright Wight Images. He is now in partnership with Josh Harris, the guy who gave out my FTP details to John (who put pron onto the site). They are following me around events (fair do's, free world) however also contacting local photographers, trying to turn the attention away from Bright Wight Images (stealing my business).

As you can see, the name is very similar to mine, and I expect my name has played a role within the creation of their name. The sites are the same, because the site is a free script. I have had an offer from a local photographer/web developer, who is going to make me a new website based on the current one, however in HTML. This will allow me to interact with my visitors a little more and provide more information.

One argument that myself and Pure Wight Photography keep having, is about the quality of the images. According to John Williams, I am infact 'jealous' - I do not see how I am jealous, of the low quality images which Pure Wight Photography display. I do believe that John Williams is getting jealously and pitty mixed up. I do infact feel sorry for PWP, because when they turn up for events, the clients will not take them seriously as 'official photographers' with the point and shoot camera they have. It angers me a lot, that they believe they can steal my clients with this sort of quality image:

Do not get me wrong - point and shoot cameras can be great, however the images you display are not. I have to be direct here, in saying that the images displayed, are infact poor quality. I have seen a few more people post in this thread the same thing, however John Williams can not see this.

PWP are displaying a very jealous behaviour towards Bright Wight Images, however BWI will continue with the planned events, and will not let a little 'competition' (if I can call it that?) get in the way. It is also clear that PWP are jealous, by posting to the same selected group of people, and referring to myself and BWI within that post. Such jealously continues, by getting t-shirts printed with their 'business' name. This is continuing from an idea I had already developed and discussed. I hope you can all see my point of view on this matter. I have spoken to a lot of local photographers, who do agree with me, and will be supporting me through this time. I have also discussed the matter with world class photographers, who I have been working with for the past 3 days, who suggest that I do not worry about PWP, as they display no competition towards me, in terms of quality.

In response to the above post, please could you confirm this local 'company' which will use your images. If it is the Society for the Blind, then you have a winner there!
    To be honest there's no need to be worried since your images are of a much better quality than his...

For once I'm supporting Darren...
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenToogood View Post
    Here is my two pence:

Why don't you and this Josh guy just batter each other and shove it on youtube for all of us to see?! Oh by the way, BWI FTW!
    +1

DarrenToogood Guest

Reading the original post, I have a few replies:

some very well respected that seem to like my photography...
    Sorry, but any respected photographers on the Island are not dumb, nor blind.

it was paid for and used by Josh and Darren kept it
    Incorrect. The website is a free script, as found by members of this community.

To make himself feel better about his photography and he can't seem to handle that we're already covering more events than him.
    I do not need to feel better about my photography, by putting your photography down. I have had wonderful feedback, and I am happy with the progress I am making. You are infact not covering more events, however covering one event I can not cover - Bestival 2008. This is only because your family own the land, not because of the quality of your photography or your reputation.

Black T-Shirts and white text.
    In my honest opinion, this would look tacky, and very in your face. Also why is there a need for shirts? I do not see everyone with a mobile camera phone with shirts?

at least 15 local photographers
    If this is including the ones that slate your work, then that may be a reasonable fiqure.

to use a studio on the island and they'll lend us all the equipment needed!
    You also need to know how to use the equipment

and am planning to upgrade in the near future.
    If you cannot master a point and shoot, then don't upgrade.

DarrenToogood is NOT permitted to post in this thread, thankyou.
    This bit did make me laugh. This is an open forum, and all members deserve to hear the truth.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm with Darren. This has been going very well for him, and PWP is no competition for the likes of BWI to be honest.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Go Darren!

A big **** you to PureWight.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast