HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, I did my IGCSE Maths last year 'cause I'm in the top set and most of the other people are doing them this year. The IGCSEs aren't as difficult as you think, to be honest. It's not hard to understand at all. Everybody in my class got an A* last year and we're doing three AS modules this year (C1, C2, S1). This is because we've basically done C1 last year before and after the IGCSE exam.

To begin last year, the top set had 18 people. We basically used one year to go through the whole course. After the mock exams in January, three people were dropped down to set two 'cause the teacher felt that they didn't really understand a lot. So what I'm guessing is that if you do your mock exams and you don't have good results, the teachers will deal with it. Just stick around in the top set for now and try to absorb as much as you can. After all, if you understand, you'll be able to do the exams this year, and if not, you can re-learn it so that it's easier to understand if/when you drop to set two. Or, alternatively, you can ask your teacher during break times about things you don't understand. I'm sure they'd be delighted to help. And if they find that you're really hopeless at this stage, they'll take action.

However, if you really don't understand anything, then I suggest you make a formal request to be placed back into set two. Since set two is slower, it will give you more time to understand and to digest the topic.

Another thing is that if set one is taking IGCSEs this year and set two next year, you're going to have to think about the AS-Level. I would assume that set one is also going to do AS-Level modules next year, whilst everybody else is doing IGCSEs. AS-Level is a huge jump from IGCSE. The stuff is a lot harder to understand, especially if you're not naturally gifted in Mathematics. Have a talk with your teacher about the AS-Level. He/She should know whether you can handle the AS-Level modules next year or not. Then make your decision, or have your teacher do it for you.

Hope that helped in some way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thank you, +Rep to all who help Special thanks to KB24 who helped a lot

And Joe, mrs dearden takes top set and mrs wraight takes set 2.
    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum file size.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
    - Barack Obama

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."
    - Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No problems, if you have any further queries, just post them here.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ive always been in group 1 for maths since secondary school, and im supposed to get an A-A* but.. Im the same as you! I dont get any questions right! And the teacher we have i get on well with so i dont want to sy. OH your teachings crap cus shes more of a mate than a teacher! lol =]

On topic:
    Stick with it for a couple of weeks because it might be that you dont get the topic your covering right now (A grade Re-arranging formulae! for me.. and tbh i dont know what it means!) Do what you think rights for you personally, not other people around you!
    Back for a while

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicPaddy View Post
    Thank you, +Rep to all who help Special thanks to KB24 who helped a lot

And Joe, mrs dearden takes top set and mrs wraight takes set 2.
    Meh, I had wraight once, awful. Dearden is meant to be good though, she's pretty safe, just tell her your struggling a bit, she will probably go through it with you
    This is our situation and we're happy to be here,
    I wouldn't change this place for anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe! View Post
    Meh, I had wraight once, awful. Dearden is meant to be good though, she's pretty safe, just tell her your struggling a bit, she will probably go through it with you
    I only had wraight for one lesson, she seemed alright though. Dearden is my form tutor though, so could talk to her in form time. Btw do you still go to the school?
    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum file size.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
    - Barack Obama

- Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's pretty obvious that your at the bottom of Set 1, but the top of Set 2, which isn't a bad thing. I was in Set 2 in years 7-9 for Maths and I was god awful at it. For years 10-11 they put me in Set 3 and I suddenly became top of the class and achieved the best grade in the class at GCSE. So really, you should go to Set 2 where you can be at your strongest.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i was confused for 2 years doing GCSE in the top class, like SO confused and she wouldnt help me :@

but i got a B! somehow

just stick at it id say

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I spoke to the teacher today, and she said that because I started in year 9 in set 5, and now I'm in year 10 at set 1, it will be very different and harder. She said its up to me if I want to move down or stay, but she recommended I stayed at least for a week or two to see how I get on. And I will be, so I will post my progress in a week or two. Thanks to all who helped

- Barack Obama

- Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Nah I don't, couldn't stand it, especially as that muppet took over as principal and changed things back..
    This is our situation and we're happy to be here,
    I wouldn't change this place for anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast