HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default My French Teacher

Well... I really don't want to learn French - I don't really give a damn about learning another language, unless I got to choose what language I learn. But anyway, she was telling us about how she loves her language and would like to see us maybe try a bit harder - some of the other kids were messing around - and I totally agree with taht.

But anyway, we ended up having to listen to the old hag yell and cry about how she couldn't get us to listen, and that in all of her teaching career - she had never seen such a dispicaple class.

Now, getting a detention on record for the troublemakers, being forced to hear my form tutor (just mine decided to pop round) and struggling to do my work... I'm not a godamn dispicaple student, she kept going on and on and on and ended up going home at half 3, is that even legal? Honestly?

So should I take action against this? I'm sick to death of suffering because of everyone else messing around - does anybody else get this?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Im kinda in this situation for business studies, dont really mind though. I just kinda ignore em and get on with the work.

If u really hate french, speak to your head of year or something and get them to move you into a different class or different subject. Thats what i'd do.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lNaughtynemo View Post
    Im kinda in this situation for business studies, dont really mind though. I just kinda ignore em and get on with the work.

If u really hate french, speak to your head of year or something and get them to move you into a different class or different subject. Thats what i'd do.
    I'll second this. Talk to your head of year and form tutor about it Hope things are better soon.
    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum file size.

"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America."
    - Barack Obama

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."
    - Thomas Dewar

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm in year 9, so it's still mandatory - pretty stupid too. I'd love to do the subjects that actually help me in life, not give me extra skills or languages.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleness View Post
    I'm in year 9, so it's still mandatory - pretty stupid too. I'd love to do the subjects that actually help me in life, not give me extra skills or languages.
    Perhaps there are other languages? I personally HATED french which i was made to do in year 8 + 9 (not sure why i didn't ask to move) but spanish was actually quite good.

So yeah, maybe try another language?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I've done it for 3 years, didn't take too kindly for the 2nd year - went to my Spanish teacher (who was my form teacher) and kindly told me that no students in our school can't start from scratch now - I was supposed to ask in Year 7, joy.

I still give French as much effort as I possibly can, even though it's almost impossible to learn the damn thing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It just sounds like your teacher was having a bad day, your class didn't help and she just lost it... I know that loads of teachers leave the profession because of stress and whatnot... must be tough
    I don't think you should take action against her. We all have bad days.

As for not liking French, school goes much faster if you start to enjoy it (easier said than done though, I suppose). Plus if you're in Year 9, you can just drop it and not do it for GCSE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    It just sounds like your teacher was having a bad day, your class didn't help and she just lost it... I know that loads of teachers leave the profession because of stress and whatnot... must be tough
    I don't think you should take action against her. We all have bad days.

As for not liking French, school goes much faster if you start to enjoy it (easier said than done though, I suppose). Plus if you're in Year 9, you can just drop it and not do it for GCSE.
    Strange enough, it's mandatory in some schools and oooh guess what school I'm in . I enjoy every single lesson, if I'm honest, I even love P.E sometimes, but the final two lessons of Friday are absolute hell!

I know they're teachers and they probably get more stressed than me, but it doesn't give them a right to punish me because of what others do.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleness View Post
    Strange enough, it's mandatory in some schools and oooh guess what school I'm in . I enjoy every single lesson, if I'm honest, I even love P.E sometimes, but the final two lessons of Friday are absolute hell!

I know they're teachers and they probably get more stressed than me, but it doesn't give them a right to punish me because of what others do.
    Oh!! Unlucky if you don't enjoy it then! I'm doing A Level French now. That's hard. You can probably get by on GCSE with educational guesses tbh.

That's a teaching technique I think. My Maths teacher used to do it too. Punish the whole class so that the class would turn against the 'rebels' and they'd stop... of course if more than half of the class is rebelling, it doesn't work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Most of the people who 'rebel' are actually my friends, or the chav brappers, so obviously I'm not gonna even try to turn against them haha.

I'll just stick by and see what happens over the next year, if it gets too much then I'll nomnomnom and complain maybe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast